Hi from Malabar

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi from Malabar

Postby Yarra45 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:26 pm

I am a complete newbie but have started with the TPW and already I am very happy with the results. My long term goal is to go down the grain path as I do love my bourbon.
This site is an absolute gold mine and I have soooo much to learn.
Cheers to all.
Yarra45

equipment: Just a newbie and have started with a Grainfather 30L Conical Fermenter, a Grainfather G30 Still matched with a T500 Reflux Condensor and Alembic Dome Top Pot Condensor.

Re: Hi from Malabar

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:59 pm

Welcome to the rabbit hole yarra :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Mate head over to the tried and true forum and start with the basics mate as this will give you a good insight to aging before you go down the AG route :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Plenty of good info on the forum mate and remember to ask questions as there's no such thing as a stupid question when it come to this craft when learning.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby The Stig » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:20 pm

Oh my Jebus.
For once I completely agree with Bryan , can anybody see flying cows ? :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Welcome Yarra , sit down , have a drink or several and start reading and asking away . Most of us don’t bite (unless asked)
Cheers mate
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:14 pm

The Stig wrote:Oh my Jebus. can anybody see flying cows ?

Now yarra one thing I didn't say learn about taking cuts mate which will stop others agreeing with what I say :laughing-rolling: The newbies corner is also a must read mate and most of all it's all about those cuts, cuts and cuts
Last edited by RuddyCrazy on Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Yarra45 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:42 pm

Thanks everyone,

Doing a lot of reading and also experimenting (Still with the TPW) trying to get my process / techniques bullet proof.

Hoping 2024 is where I can dedicate some more time to this great hobby.

Cheers
Yarra45

equipment: Just a newbie and have started with a Grainfather 30L Conical Fermenter, a Grainfather G30 Still matched with a T500 Reflux Condensor and Alembic Dome Top Pot Condensor.

Return to Welcome Centre