Hello

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello

Postby Krisy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:58 am

Hi Iā€™m new to making alcohol. I have an air still pro ( Xmas pressie to myself )
Looking at making whiskey, vodka, gin
I have made a batch of turbo wash - dextrose and all the turbo stuff that comes with the kit.
I am yet to taste the first batch.
Krisy

equipment: Air still pro

Re: Hello

Postby BigRig » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:11 am

Welcome krisy. The turbo stuff will taste chemically and not so pleasant but it is good to start on with gwtting to know the still. I recommend keeping a little bit to the side for a taste comparison to the recipes found on here. Will give you a real appreciation on quality wash.

The airstill pro looks good, a real step up from the original (which i started with).
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby Professor Green » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:50 pm

Welcome to AD Krisy.

I can recommend giving the turbo stuff a miss. Have a go at something from the Tried and Proven section; you'll end up with a much better result,

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby Wellsy » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:20 am

Welcome Krisy
Congrats on getting a great Christmas prezzie. Many airstill users here to pick the brains of.
Always remember this hobby is about having fun. The learning and drinks are just a bonus
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4ā€ Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Welcome Centre