Hi first post

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi first post

Postby nuckles » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 am

Hi just sign up.

Was googleing and found this site.

I have hbs reflux and 25l boiler, and looking to get out and into something bigger.
I just got a keg and electric heater from kegking and now looking for a still.
Saw the auction that is starting tomorrow and it looks nice will keep and eye on it.

I live in Townsville NQ work on holdens (mechinic).

Anyway talk soon

Cameron
nuckles

equipment: store bought reflux still

Re: Hi first post

Postby MacStill » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:59 am

Welcome to our circus knuckles, even if you dont learn anything here I'm sure you'll get a laugh.

We have a couple of other members up your way, but watch out for that cupcake fella & dont give him your phone number no matter what he says :laughing-rolling:

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Cane Toad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:19 am

G'day Nuckles,don't listen to Mac,he's always trying to get me in the shit,not that I need any help :laughing-rolling: Welcome to our little slice of paradise,I'm sure you'll have a great time here mate :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby Kimbo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:36 pm

nuckles wrote:
I live in Townsville NQ

We wont hold that against you, we're all pretty open minded here, so welcome :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Panda » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Welcome mate

While you are finding your feet and looking for a bigger still, most of us will recommend you ditch turbo yeast and try experimenting with TPW ( tomato paste wash ) and do some double distilling and phase out the carbon.

TPW involves using bakers yeast instead if turbo yeast and tomato paste as nutrients. Makes for a much cleaner product.
And double distilling with your still is basically, running 2 runs and then tipping them back in (watering down to or below 40%) and re running. Again this gives a much cleaner product. Used Together you will never need turbo yeast or carbon again

If you already know this then please disregard. If you have no fucking idea what I am on about then please ask members that aren't simple
Panda

equipment: T500 & CM with pot head.

Return to Welcome Centre