Howdy

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Howdy

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:24 am

My name is bigwheel. From Texas. Been beer and cowboy wine making since I hate to admit. Got into the hooch making hobby around the 1st of the year this year. Really have enjoyed it. Have learned a few things etc. prob just about enough to be dangerous. Looking forward to chatting with you all.
bigwheel

equipment: 3" Brewhaus SS combo reflux/pot still..15 gallon milk bucket boiler. Copper mesh packing.

Howdy

Postby BackyardBrewer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:58 am

Welcome! Googling "cowboy wine" right now. Hope it's as interesting as it sounds!
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Re: Howdy

Postby Frank » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:19 am

Welcome Mr Wheel
good to see a bit of alternative culture amongst the forum ranks. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Hope you learn and contribute lots here. What kind of spirits etc do you want to make?
Frank

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Hey BB the cowboy wine requires a bunch of sugar and whatever fruit you have on hand. It will make a person drunk is about all I can can guarantee. If it dont taste right..hold your breath while sipping. Frank..I usually do variants of UJSM using cornmeal instead of hen scratch. Gonna add some Rye when I get around to buying some. Have done some generational Sweet Feed using the same format. Tried Bayou-Rulers version of Birdwatchers tomato paste neutral. Found it very good and works like high dollar vodka for me. Tried the psudo bourbon making in the jars for a bit but found it too much trouble. Now I just drink white dog.
bigwheel

equipment: 3" Brewhaus SS combo reflux/pot still..15 gallon milk bucket boiler. Copper mesh packing.

Postby Kimbo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 am

Gday Bigwheel, good to have ya here :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Cane Toad » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:53 am

Howdy Bigwheel,welcome to the forum mate :handgestures-thumbupleft: it's like a little holiday from reality here :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks for the warm welcome.
bigwheel

Postby Moonshine_Nova » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Welcome to the forum Bigwheel
Moonshine_Nova

equipment: reflux with 50L boiler, looking to expand collection

Postby crow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi BW welcome to the institution , don't no if there's other Texan's here yet (most a your boys here seem to be from the nth) so ya might be "The lone star" :handgestures-thumbupleft: :teasing-tease:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby bigwheel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:27 am

croweater wrote:Hi BW welcome to the institution , don't no if there's other Texan's here yet (most a your boys here seem to be from the nth) so ya might be "The lone star" :handgestures-thumbupleft: :teasing-tease:

Thank you Sir. Dang..them instigators of the War of Nothern Aggression seem to be everywhere these days. :shock:
bigwheel

Postby Moonshine_Nova » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:13 am

bigwheel wrote:
croweater wrote:Hi BW welcome to the institution , don't no if there's other Texan's here yet (most a your boys here seem to be from the nth) so ya might be "The lone star" :handgestures-thumbupleft: :teasing-tease:

Thank you Sir. Dang..them instigators of the War of Nothern Aggression seem to be everywhere these days. :shock:

LMAFO, gee I thought time was meant to be a healer :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Moonshine_Nova

equipment: reflux with 50L boiler, looking to expand collection

Postby bigwheel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:26 am

Well some seem to using the pause in hostilities to stock up on ammo and food etc. :o
bigwheel

Postby LWTCS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:23 am

Good eye might.
Thats my aussie for good To seeya over here BW.
Though that is a loose translation....youll have To get a local for a more precise translation.
LWTCS

equipment: 52 liter primary boiler
Quad thumping system
4500 watt W/100% variable controller

Postby bigwheel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:43 am

Hey..Glad to see you over here. Feels like old home week. Think everybody bound to play well with our bloomin Aussie Mates. Just being on here makes me want to take my Sheila to the Billibong..tie the Wallaby down etc. They also got some very good beer if you aint tried it. I like the tall boys with the outline of the kangaroo on it. Whew....couple of them is like taking a big shot of hooch. Maybe take a drive to Okiehoma to find some of that. :text-lol:

LWTCS wrote:Good eye might.
Thats my aussie for good To seeya over here BW.
Though that is a loose translation....youll have To get a local for a more precise translation.
bigwheel

Postby MacStill » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:47 am

bigwheel wrote:tie the Wallaby down

Keep trying :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby bigwheel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Ok Mate. Tie "me" Wallaby down perhaps? Thats a purty old song..lol.

When the constable come up
McStill wrote:
bigwheel wrote:tie the Wallaby down

Keep trying :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
bigwheel

Postby crow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:05 pm

bigwheel wrote:Ok Mate. Tie "me" Wallaby down perhaps? Thats a purty old song..lol

Tie me kangaroo down sport :roll: fuck I hate that song , writ by a pom infact
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby LWTCS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Whuts a Pom?
LWTCS

equipment: 52 liter primary boiler
Quad thumping system
4500 watt W/100% variable controller

Postby crow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:18 pm

LWTCS wrote:Whuts a Pom?

Prisoner of mother England : persons native of England as opposed to British (not to upset the Cambrians and Scotts ect. ) ;-)
crow

Postby bigwheel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Very glad to know that fact of history Thanks. Can tell my vocabulary is going to get enlarged. That prevents Alzheimers from whut I heard.
bigwheel

Next

Return to Welcome Centre