From across the ditch

Say Hi and introduce yourself

From across the ditch

Postby Bob127 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi to all from Bob 127.

I'm new to distilling having graduated from the School of Brew Your Own Beer. in tend getting into the meat of the FAQ and advice for newbies on here, but please bear with me. I bought a Duplast still because it was cheap and I knew no better. What's sadder is, it doesn't have the stainless steel perforated plate that sits at the bottom of the column. Since the gold coin is in short supply I am stuck with what I have until I can buy better from a guy on here. In the meantime, can anyone tell me where I might obtain the missing plate? I have tried local suppliers, Google and prayer but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth.
All help would be much appreciated guys and thanks. Bob 127
Bob127

equipment: Duplast

Re: From across the ditch

Postby kiwikeg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi Bob welcome to the forum, dont worry the duplast isnt all bad, use it as a pot still and you will get some nice stuff. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I have a spare duplast s/s plate if you are stuck, but its just a s/s plate with lotsa holes in it so you could just drill a bunch of holes in some s/s or copper plate.
I can post photos/measurements for the plate if you want.
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby petes » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Glad to see there's at least a coupla East Islanders on here.
Can't help you with the Duplast.
Hell I can't even find anyone here owning up to running my intended. But welcome!
petes

equipment: Amphora PDA 1

Postby Bob127 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 am

kiwikeg wrote:Hi Bob welcome to the forum, dont worry the duplast isnt all bad, use it as a pot still and you will get some nice stuff. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I have a spare duplast s/s plate if you are stuck, but its just a s/s plate with lotsa holes in it so you could just drill a bunch of holes in some s/s or copper plate.
I can post photos/measurements for the plate if you want.

Hi, Thanks for the welcome guys. Thanks kiwikeg, I would appreciate the measurements and photos please, I have drawn a blank in my search. Should be able to get hold of some copper plate though. :smile: :smile:
Bob127

Postby kiwikeg » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 pm

IMAG0243.jpg
IMAG0245.jpg
IMAG0244.jpg

Couldnt find my callipers but the eyecrometer reads these holes as 3.5mm
PM Sent
kiwikeg

Postby kiwikeg » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:16 am

Just looked at those photos above and realised how filthy the column looks, It had been sitting outside waiting to go to the dump after I had cannabalised the copper dome and element for my pot still build. 8-}
kiwikeg

Postby Bob127 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks kk for not only the photos but for sending me the actual part at your own cost. I get the vibes t6hat this is a great friendly forum to be part of. Thanks all. :-D :-D
Bob127

Return to Welcome Centre