yo!

Say Hi and introduce yourself

yo!

Postby invisigoth » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:59 pm

hi all :smile:

since this is my first post, i figured i should make it here.

i've brewed wines, beers and meads for a while, and decided to change to 70% ethanol to sterilise my brewing gear and bottles. i'd been out of the game for a while, and when i went into a number of hbs, i noticed they all sold distillation stuff, so i picked up a "reflux starter kit" for people who already had brewing equipment. i did my first wash and was a little shocked when it threw out 4.5l of 80%. too much for my needs so i did the essence thing on some of it (dark rum and drambuie clone), and noticed that the fake drambuie was easier to drink than the real thing.

this got me thinking (dangerous i know...) and i suddenly found i had a puredistilling pot still. i realise it's a compromise and a diy setup could be made more effective, but i'm all diy'd out atm and making the temp controller was all i felt like doing for now. so... onward to a new adventure! :dance:
invisigoth

equipment: bte cm reflux head
5l pure distilling pot still
t500 boiler +extra pure distilling lid
diy phase angle controller
diy output extension tube+parrot
3 plate modular macbubbler

Re: yo!

Postby crow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi IG welcome to the forum, so whats the reflux column guessing its an ultra pure as you said the pot head is , what state you from bud
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby invisigoth » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:29 pm

croweater wrote:Hi IG welcome to the forum, so whats the reflux column guessing its an ultra pure as you said the pot head is , what state you from bud

nah, it's a cm condenser the hbs chain assembles in house and stuffs onto a t500 boiler. once i have a lid for it with a bigger hole to take the pot head, i was planning on using the bigger boiler for stripping.

as for state, that would be the state of confusion! :))

thanx for the welcome. i'm guessing you're the same croweater from "that other forum" :whistle:
invisigoth

equipment: bte cm reflux head
5l pure distilling pot still
t500 boiler +extra pure distilling lid
diy phase angle controller
diy output extension tube+parrot
3 plate modular macbubbler

Postby crow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:46 pm

That dude on HD doesn't even look like me and he calls himself the CE :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: nar that's me some other mug started using the same avitar so i thought well have it and put up a photo of a painting of my stepsons girlfriends grandfather, looks like a doer eh, wished I hada met him
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Sam. » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:50 pm

croweater wrote:That dude on HD doesn't even look like me and he calls himself the CE :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: nar that's me some other mug started using the same avitar so i thought well have it and put up a photo of a painting of my stepsons girlfriends grandfather, looks like a doer eh, wished I hada met him

So its a picture of you then? :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby NotBenStiller » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:59 pm

She seems to have an invisible goth yeah
She reaches in, and grabs right hold of your heart

err.. i mean... welcome :laughing-rolling:
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Return to Welcome Centre