to introduce myself to yall

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Postby dutchdistiller » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:04 am

hiya folks haha thought id start using some slang i see on this site stil figuring out some of it hahah
well how i ended up here and after eyeballing this forum for an year or so decided to sign up cus my grandaddyoo learnt me some verry basic distilling manny years back when i was stil an kiddo ofcourse in holland the state forbid anny way of distilling and even if u said u where makeing essences u know the nice smelling stuf the destilling pot coulnd be bigger than one litres geeeeeessss bastards! So i wasnt active for an verry long time cus in my country everyboddy lives packed up to eachother and like to rat on someone if they see u do annything like distilling pfffft annyway an few years back we the secretive distillers had an breaktrough and now if u aplly for an permit u can cook up some nice firewater if u use it for own use or give it away to some friends so that got me going and started out again but when i was looking for some friends in the distilling grounds i found out that everyboddy forgot the knowlegede that was passed down for ages from father to son in my case my father didnt but annyhow i did it just like myy grandaddy did and that worked fine cooking up staight alcohol from an sugar mash nice but after an while u want some more flavours and knowledge to playaround with although im still verry fond of the straight hard licor
but the absence of knowledge kept me down for years and was doing the trail and error road to sucsess goosh i made some bad bad shit before i got it right for now im doing oke just not cooking cus flying over my still from the netherlands to greece was an bit expencive but in an few months the work should end and i can continue again i jioned this forum cus and world of knowlegge is to be found here i just wish i found this like 8 years back would have saved me from making some stupid mistakes and i must say since i discoverd this forum new ideas for stills keep popping into my mind and for sure im gonna cook up some of the recipies i found here i think its time for me to go for some nice tastes and smooth alcos id just like to say to annyboddy here keep up the good work its an great thing and manny of the distillers in my country badly need some of the hints and tips and recepies that i found here so i will advise anny off my cooking friends to join cus honestly the netherlands was almost dead in terms of distilling knowledge well if u got anny questions or remarkt hit me up !!!!! Greets and many thanks the dutch distiller :clap: :dance: :pray: :text-thankyoublue:
dutchdistiller

equipment: one 50 liter boilpot that fits 3 differnt kolloms 1 simple and fast kollom for the fast initial distilling and an fractional kolom for the second distil packed with ceramic rings/tubes an building almost finisht an fractional disc kolom with moveable discs

Re: to introduce myself to yall

Postby kelbygreen » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:51 am

welcome aboard.

Man I thought I could go one without using any full stops or commas or paragraphs but you my friend just won that battle :-D.

Great to see your country has allowed it in a hobby way, Alot of countries will not. We can do it here but it will still cost the same as buying it from the shops as they put $20 tax on ever 700ml of 40% you make just for the hell of it even for personal use :angry-banghead: .
kelbygreen

equipment: 3" pot

Postby bt1 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 am

Welcome bloke,

wow that's fair read....

your in the right spot for a tad of advice and direction setting

Enjoy the learning curve!
bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby JayD » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:20 am

I went cross eyed reading that block of print...Welcome to the forum. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby Kimbo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:01 am

Hi Dutch, welcome to the forum mate.
andcongratulationsonwinningthelongestsentenceintheworldcompetitionmygoodman :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:24 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Welcome to the forum Dutchy :handgestures-thumbupleft: Don't listen to Kimbo mate,he's been sampling too much product :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby MacStill » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:50 am

Kimbo wrote:Hi Dutch, welcome to the forum mate.
andcongratulationsonwinningthelongestsentenceintheworldcompetitionmygoodman :handgestures-thumbupleft:

And I thought crow was bad when he first joined us :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby googe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:42 am

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft: good read!, good to see you have been permited ti do it legally over there :D . You mean crow has gotten better ,mac? :shock: btw i like your spelling of colum (kolom) might steal that :shifty:
googe

Postby crow » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:45 pm

G'day mate welcome to forum, I'm sure you will find a great many recipes to your liking here and don't listen to these muppets dumping on my grammar, ya want to see theirs when they're posting pissed, least mine remain constant :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:59 pm

G'day mate an welcome!
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby NotBenStiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 pm

welcome dutchdistiller :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I only read half of your post, sorry.
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby jim » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 pm

:text-imwithstupid:

Welcome to the forum!
jim

equipment: Modular 3" diameter VM/LM/pot still.

Return to Welcome Centre