New Old Bullet from Forbes NSW

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Postby hupthomas » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:01 pm

G'day gents Hupthomas here just wanted to introduce myself . :greetings-waveyellow:

Have a bought comercial Still spirits 25lt reflux still & being the bought turbo yeast wash route untill I stumbled across this site & joined.Have put down my first tried & proven Tomato paste wash as per instructions & run the 25 lt wash through my still today. I read the instructions on taking cuts & now have 16 jars with 250mls in each.I chucked the first 150mls down the drain.I have left the lids off & have been sniffing jars.The first 4 jars reduce my nostril hair to zero everytime I take a wiff.The remainder smell pretty pleasant.

I was wondering in view of that I only have the above still & because I didn't put the the wash through a pot still first , can I drink the pleasant smelling stuff without having to filter it ? The first 4 jars that smell should I put them through my filters seeing as I have them?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers Hup
hupthomas

equipment: 3 inch glasser

Re: New Old Bullet from Forbes NSW

Postby audistiller » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Gday Hup

Its suggested to take the first 50ml and discard it, I have been taking out the first 100ml. Although its not much, you could drop yours down to 100ml quite safely. There are quite a few uses around the house and in the shed you can use the foreshots, cleaning things is a good one. Quite a few members have posted some good ideas in a thread so its not wasted.

There are also a few threads and plenty of info on cuts, I cant help with that.

Welcome to the forum.
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Postby BackyardBrewer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Mate I have the same still and only do TPW and never bother with filtering.

Save the stuff that singes your nose hair and stick in the next run. All my tails (smells of wet cardboard, or wet dog, easy to pick the smell) and all the heads get saved. After 4-5 runs I have enough saved up to do a freebie run and I get a nice return running all heads and tails through watered down to about 40%.

I hate waste but I don't wanna drink heads or tails so re-running them is a great recovery method for all your efforts and for what is still a very high abv neutral.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby Linno » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:31 pm

gday mate

Welcome to the forum :handgestures-thumbupleft: if you have the filter and the bits, you might as well filter the stuff you are going to drink as it was a turbo so filtering should improve it keep the rest for a feints run later. i never filter my tpw washes but I also strip them.. Theres plenty info for you here, enjoy.
Linno

equipment: FSD Mac 4 version 1 #001
4" single cap, 4 plate SS Bubbler,
400mm SS packed extension

Postby crow » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm

howdy hup welcome here yep if ya did all that bottle the hearts and bottoms up :handgestures-thumbupleft: there's a whole bunch of stuff ya can do with neutral
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Sam. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Welcome mate, like said rerun those first few jars if you drank them as is you would give yourself one cranking hangover
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Kimbo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Welcome Hup, good to have ya here mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby hupthomas » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:26 pm

Gday again Fella’s

Joined back in 2012 and never did much as had work commitments.Anyway back in the saddle giving it a whirl with simple potstill and doing my first cornflake whisky.

Cheers

Hup

Ps.Now in Longreach......you know where it gets xyz! hot
hupthomas

equipment: 3 inch glasser

Postby Doubleuj » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:12 pm

Welcome back
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Return to Welcome Centre