Saying hello

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Saying hello

Postby rumby » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:47 am

Gday all,

Just introducing myself, starting running a controlled reflux still, having great fun running this particular still and saving saving some cash, which is a bonus. Awesome a new Aussie site has been set up.
rumby

equipment: CC reflux still

Re: Saying hello

Postby reknaw » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:24 am

Welcome aboard rumby, post a pic of your still if you like in the show your still thread in the reflux stills forums :) I love looking at stills.

Good to see a few new members.
reknaw

Postby MacStill » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Welcome Rumby,

Hope you enjoy your time here, we're aiming to be a little more light hearted than the larger forums around, we'd like to think of this place as a kind of pub/lounge where us aussies can learn the basics and have a little banter going on.

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby marbaker » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:24 am

First of all I would like to say hi to all on Aussi Home Disyiller,i am marbaker from sunny england only kidding, im new to this distiling but loving it,i may be asking a lot of questions and some stupid ones as well.but please be pecient with me,im on a learning curve.I have a T500 still spirit still and a ez filter system and i want the best out of it,im struggling at the momment with the filtering but im not to sure what to do.i have posted a question about it on the wall if anyone can help it would be appreciated thanks marbaker
marbaker

Postby reknaw » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Rumby,

Is it a stainless still you got off a fella from Ipswich? If so I know you :)
reknaw

Postby rumby » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:00 am

Yeah I totally agree, I stopped reading the bigger forums, a lot of rubbish to filter through to get to the good stuff, dont get me wrong I am not expert and love when people talk about there passion, but.
rumby

equipment: CC reflux still

Postby Jimmy1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 am

G,day
I'm only new to distilling, but i have been reading and learning all of the information that you guys had posted on "The other site".
I have an Ultra Pure still and pulled approx 3.5L at 93% on my first run with it using alcotec 48 yeast, just waiting on my second wash to clear.
Just like to say I think the distilling side of this hobby is more addictive than the likker we produce.
Keep up the good work.
Jimmy
Jimmy1

equipment: 2" Ultra Pure still ... Like a Boka just expensive
25l electric Boiler
2" Mcstill Pot + parrot
50L keg with 4 ring burner

Return to Welcome Centre