Hello from Pakenham

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello from Pakenham

Postby Flanders » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:14 pm

:greetings-waveyellow: Hey all. I've joined this group after a bit of lurking around your great site. I've only done a couple of home brewing before, with reasonable results.
However would like to get into making my own spirits(due to $, and the satisfaction I get out of drinking my own).
My poison is Jack Daniels, but enjoy Rum, Burbon and Scotch, plus a few others, but they are my main favorites, so thats what I am after creating.
From learning what I can so far it seems that a Pot Still is the one that would best suit me? Perhaps like the one from from this site.
Does anyone know of any good videos to learn what I need to know? Reading instructions is a pointless excercise for me unfortunately, I only seem to understand/learn from watching/doing. Just like I did when a mate showed me how to make beer. Never made sense when he explained it. But once he showed me :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Flanders

equipment: Looking to buy. Possibly build.

Re: Hello from Pakenham

Postby emptyglass » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Hi diddly ho, neighboroonie.
Heaps of stuff here, just have a cruise arround.
Some guys have done vid's, they are here somewhere.
Welcome and enjoy
emptyglass

Postby Phil » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:41 pm

Welcome Pakenham,

New here myself. Like you my poison was JD however recently I'm finding is just not as smooth as the home made corn booze!!! See you around.
Phil

equipment: Boka Reflux and some mods in the works.

Postby crow » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:30 am

hi ya bud and welcome here, your in good company tons of corn whiskey and rum makers/drinkers here :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby googe » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 am

Welcome mate, seems to be a few more Victorians lately :handgestures-thumbupleft: . You won't have any trouble with rum help here lol. Got love your name haha love Flanders!.
googe

Postby Kimbo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 am

Hi Flanders, welcome to the nut house mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Hello from Pakenham

Postby Sam. » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:20 am

Welcome Ned you might be able to get some vids out of you tube, like said there has been vids posted here you just need to find them!
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Flanders » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm learning what I can. At least I've learnt not to buy a Turbo 500 (which is what I was considering). Building one doesnt look too difficult, I might give it a go when some funds and time allow. Is Bunnings the best place to grab the copper etc from? LOL at sexy flanders video clip.
Flanders

equipment: Looking to buy. Possibly build.

Postby emptyglass » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Damn you, sexy Flanders!
At least you didn't blow a few hundred on a toy. Gotta be good so far. I reckon a pot still might be down your alley.

Say hi to the nose neighbor. oonie. Bunnings isn't bad for small quantitys, of if your pocket means more than time cheaper stuff can be got.

If you learn better with a picture, you might be interested in this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1780&p=46547#p46547
emptyglass

Return to Welcome Centre