Another newbie in Bris

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Another newbie in Bris

Postby syncro » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Greetings all

I gotta say, I've been reading the forum for a week or so now, and I'm hugely impressed with the depth of knowledge here, its opened my mind to a whole new world.
I've never distilled anything and the closest I've come to making a wash is making ginger beer as a kid, but to hear people talk of high quality product has inspired me to give it a go, after all I roast my own coffee and it shits on the majority of swill that you pay through the nose for at your local cafe, so maybe with some practice (and a lot of help) I might be able to produce a reasonable rum.
Now if I can just think of a way of getting MacStill to revive this thread http://www.aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3619 , and something worthwhile to contribute, I'll be on my way. On second thoughts maybe I should just buy/build something
syncro

equipment: Got a bubbler, thanks Linny!

Re: Another newbie in Bris

Postby Sam. » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Lots of rum heads here to help you make a great rum.

Unfortunately though not everyone gets a free still, either pay for one with money or effort ;-)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Dominator » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 am

Welcome mate. A decent rum is not hard at all. The hardest part is waiting while it ages on oak. My first try at rum was certinaly drinkable, and better than bundy by far, I am on to my third gen rum @ 3 months old and it is damn good.
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

Postby Kimbo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 am

Welcome to the forum Syncro :greetings-waveyellow:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Tsv Stiller » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:52 am

Welcome Mate,

If you haven't already send Mac and JayD a pm re their equipment, its really not that expensive for a basic setup and obviously even cheaper if your handy enough to build one yourself.

There is some great help on this forum and nearly all questions you have, have been asked before. You will always get the best response if you have done your own research first.

I was very eager to get started and was given a gentle nudge from the folks here to be patient, do things properly and you get the best results which is what i have done and am now finally creating my own hooch which already is way better than i ever expected it would be.

Good luck with it :music-deathmetal:
Tsv Stiller

equipment: 2" Pot still (JayD Special)
50 liter Keg boiler
2400w electric element with Voltage controller

Postby Jonno » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:43 am

Hey mate,

Good to see another brisbanenite. IF you need any help sourcing bits and pieces around brisbane shoot me a pm or ask in here and i'm more then happy to help. I've helped a few new members around the area and its good to meet a few of you blokes :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Jonno

Postby JayD » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:46 am

Welcome to the forum... :handgestures-thumbupleft:
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby Andy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:27 am

welcome to the forum

Jonno wrote:IF you need any help sourcing bits and pieces around brisbane shoot me a pm or ask in here and i'm more then happy to help.

I would be all over that if i were you
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby tipsy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Welcome mate.
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Return to Welcome Centre