Gday from WA

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Gday from WA

Postby mizer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:49 am

Gday all,

Been lurking so popping my head up now to say hi. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I have been getting into home brew beer and recently decided to go to the next level.

I have just ran up a tomato wash to run through a friends borrowed VM still to see if it’s for me.
Realistically I think a pot still will be for me because I plan to make whiskey and rum rather than just flavoring a neutral.
A friend has donated me a keg boiler and I’m patiently waiting for a whole bunch of copper that another friend has sitting in their shed (Dad was a plumber) who has kindly offered it to me for some product. All in all it should cost me little out of pocket $$$ due to some kind friends but I’m still (pardon the pun) :-D wondering if I’m better off buying a setup because my soldering skills are poor to say the least.

Anyway Gday all and I will post up my results from this first ever virgin run.

:music-deathmetal:

Mizer
mizer

equipment: Beer home brew, VM still - on loan, pot still greenhorn (under construction).

Re: Gday from WA

Postby JayD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:12 am

Welcome to the forum, here some info on how to soft solder practice on ofcuts to start with and only use enough heat to flow the solder, I lightly drag the solder across the job to see if its hot enough and dont be afraid to manipulate your heat...bottom line is if you practice you will work it out.
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby mizer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:53 am

JayD wrote:Welcome to the forum, here some info on how to soft solder practice on ofcuts to start with and only use enough heat to flow the solder, I lightly drag the solder across the job to see if its hot enough and dont be afraid to manipulate your heat...bottom line is if you practice you will work it out.

Cheres :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Thanks for the link and info

:text-thankyoublue:
mizer

equipment: Beer home brew, VM still - on loan, pot still greenhorn (under construction).

Postby Sam. » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:53 am

Welcome aboard mate, sounds like you are well on your way :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Kimbo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:50 am

Welcome to the forum Mizer, you wont regret it mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Smbjk » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:54 am

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft: my soldering skill were non existent. But with the help of the guys here and some great tutorials I was able to succeed. Give it a crack mate what do you have to loose :D you may learn something on the way
Smbjk

equipment: 50lt keg boiler with 2"boka
3" bubbler with 4 perf plates
All grain brewery ( Small Scale ) Keg Fridge
50lt keg boiler 2x2400w elements
Control box
Building fund is depleted

Return to Welcome Centre