welcome from the sweltering sunnycoast

Say Hi and introduce yourself

welcome from the sweltering sunnycoast

Postby liquidart » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Hey all I have been reading here for quite a while now and thought id join up recently as i got a lot of spare time from a shoulder op recently, and wanted to learn everything I can with the blessed free time before its back to work work work.
Im still very fresh in the distilling world but have to credit most of my development to this site and must thank all for the recipes you did testing on that enabled me to leave the hbs and there money making schemes long behind for much superior products.
I read for months and chose the all bran wheetbix variety wash to experiment with and see how malts etc came across with a reflux still and now I am starting to get keen on the grain side of things not ag yet as money is a factor plus experience, but sugar piggy backs until I have success enough to risk it.
I have a copper artisan condenser i run detuned from the hbs an yea I prolly did get ripped but hey I had to start somewhere and it is actually a very capable rig just limited by what you put in an what you keep. But I still need to upgrade to a better rig hopefully one of macs when fortune allows :)

This heat is ridiculous I cant wait to get my own place and shed as I was so desperate to run the still today that I built a tent house :D did the trick not so hot now and no sunburn.

I think I have an addiction not to alcohol itself but to the art of developing it and seeing what little changes can alter taste in the final product. When im not stilling im starting a wash an testing samples an if something prevents my plans of a still day nothing seems to go right.

Anyway thought id finally say hey an come out from the shadows.
But seriously thanks to all the guys on this forum you are legends with so much knowledge free to the world cause of this forum thanks aussie distiller.
liquidart

equipment: 30l and 100l fermenters,fsd mongrel, 50l boiler

Re: welcome from the sweltering sunnycoast

Postby Smbjk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Welcome mate. Take your time, learn as much as you can, make the right decisions, and most of all have fun making great quality alcohol :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :D this is with out a doubt the best forum there is :D
Smbjk

equipment: 50lt keg boiler with 2"boka
3" bubbler with 4 perf plates
All grain brewery ( Small Scale ) Keg Fridge
50lt keg boiler 2x2400w elements
Control box
Building fund is depleted

Postby thegoose » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Welcome mate running the still today, very keen!!! I have been in the aircon all day depleting my stocks heaps of great reading and good lads good luck with it all
thegoose

equipment: Retired 2" boka
3" modular bubbler

Postby tipsy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:08 am

Welcome :greetings-waveyellow:
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby JayD » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Welcome from Tasmania... :handgestures-thumbupleft: a cold day for you would melt the average Tasmanian...lol's
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby Sam. » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Welcome mate, and yes it is addictive as a hobby :D
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Return to Welcome Centre