From the northern New England.

Say Hi and introduce yourself

From the northern New England.

Postby unclebrowny » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:11 am

Gday guys im Kris from the New England area of nsw. Use to pot still a good decade or so ago up in Brissy and just bought myself a t500 a week ago to kickstart the hobby again. I just finished with the turbo yeast that came with it so thats my cleaning run for the still tomorrow as well as booze to use up all the essences i got before moving on to the recipies i used to use in the day.

May i also quickly show my disgust with current Australian laws concerning this fantastic sport? Good thing all the cops here do it too. We should follow in New Zealands footsteps. (why isnt NZ our next two states yet? We own them in everything except rugby.)

Jokes aside, i look forward to some decent banter in the future.

Cheers, Kris.
unclebrowny

equipment: 4.99L Reflux for distilling water.

Re: From the northern New England.

Postby Sam. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:23 am

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

What recipes did you use to make?
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby unclebrowny » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 am

Yeah i mainly used to make up a mango, banana and tea wash. Just raid the backyard and cupboard for what i needed. (I used to be quite poor and was a big alco.) Give it a month or so to get it perfected again and ill post it. Its high in pectin so you have to be tight as a fishes arsehole when it comes to cutting the runoff.
unclebrowny

Postby Brendan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 am

unclebrowny wrote:Its high in pectin so you have to be tight as a fishes arsehole when it comes to cutting the runoff.

It's good to see that you've got this covered mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Good luck with getting re-acquainted with the hobby.
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby the Doctor » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:55 am

Hi Kris I too am from the New England ... Kentucky near Uralla...I had to laugh when you described distilling as a sport. I have been doing it for decades, and I still do not have a six pack and big guns...am I doing something wrong?...cheers mate.
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby Smbjk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 am

the Doctor wrote:Hi Kris I too am from the New England ... Kentucky near Uralla...I had to laugh when you described distilling as a sport. I have been doing it for decades, and I still do not have a six pack and big guns...am I doing something wrong?...cheers mate.
Doc

Think the sport might be weight gain :laughing-rolling: welcome to the forum kris :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Smbjk

equipment: 50lt keg boiler with 2"boka
3" bubbler with 4 perf plates
All grain brewery ( Small Scale ) Keg Fridge
50lt keg boiler 2x2400w elements
Control box
Building fund is depleted

Postby unclebrowny » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Doctor, im from a small place called Emmaville. About 50kms nw of Glen Innes, but i live in Inverell through the week as i work there. Once i get this hobby going again ill be more productive amongst the community here. Just put on that tomatopaste wash that your mob keep raving about, and ill leave it for about 3 weeks and see how we go. Cheers everyone.... Kris
unclebrowny

Postby tipsy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Welcome mate.....what's with the trippy avatar?
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby unclebrowny » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:37 am

Gday tipsy. I wanted to put an avatar on my profile so i went to one of those sites that have millions of them to download. After about 3 hours of sifting through crap i came to this gem. I suppose 2 young dancing spastics shooting lazer beams from their mouths best describes me at times.
unclebrowny

Postby Petulance » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Welcome UncleB, you'll have a great time on this site ... members are great blokes & shielas

re: NZ ... you know that, immediately prior to federation, Australia offered statehood to the Kiwis. They held a plebicite, and voted agin it. They needed someone to beat at something, and rugby was it!
Petulance

equipment: 4 plate 4 inch modular copper bubbler with 300 mm packed or unpacked extension on 50 litre SS keg. All my own work. It ain't pretty, but it's all mine!

Postby kiwikeg » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Welcome mate!
Re NZ- did you know Aucklands three biggest suburbs are Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane :laughing-rolling:
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby unclebrowny » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:47 am

Gday petulance and kiwi keg. I was gonna say how its funny as to the amount of kiwis livin here :text-lol:
unclebrowny

Return to Welcome Centre