New Member from the old country.

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Re: New Member from the old country.

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Lawford Boy wrote:OK I'll give it another go. [img]]http://t.imgbox.com/elnjfRiJ.jpg[/img] This should be a picture of my parrot.

So this one has a double bracket at the start...

The second one means you got the [img] brackets right, but entered the link incorrectly :doh:

Yep, that link isn't right...
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Re: Photos.

Postby Lawford Boy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:59 am

Hey Brendan it looks like the last pic of my Parrot made it. Or did you do something to it? Send me a personal email with step by step instructions and I'll see if I can do it before I get thrown off the site. I have looked at the various topics on the forum trying to find one that could suggest a wash that gave a good alcohol return for a say 25/27lt start amount. I have been doing the sugar Still Spirit Turbo thing which is simple no hassle and a fairly good end product return. I was wondering if there is anything else that would give a higher return for the layout cost other than plain sugar?
I don't think I want get into all this grain wash etc it seems somewhat involved and time consuming.
Lawford Boy

equipment: Hi all.
I am a UK distiller. I use a still that I made myself from an hot water cylinder we removed from a customers house which had developed a hole near the bottom. I cut and re bent the various parts, soldered them together, bought a piece of 54mm copper pipe for the tower, copper mesh from America a few bits from Hong Kong / China and I have a working still.

Re: New Member from the old country.

Postby Lawford Boy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:56 am

Hi Brendan is this right this time?

Image My dirty still before clean up just out of production sitting on hot plate controller
Image Close up of controller.
Image Top cooler with pressure relief and thermostat tube. With bicycle inner tube gasket holding it in place. Just roll it down or replace it when I take the cooling coil out to clean.
These all show up in preview so I assume they are OK.
Lawford Boy

equipment: Hi all.
I am a UK distiller. I use a still that I made myself from an hot water cylinder we removed from a customers house which had developed a hole near the bottom. I cut and re bent the various parts, soldered them together, bought a piece of 54mm copper pipe for the tower, copper mesh from America a few bits from Hong Kong / China and I have a working still.

Previous

Return to Welcome Centre