About time I posted

Say Hi and introduce yourself

About time I posted

Postby harrance » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:40 pm

G'day all, long time lurker, first time poster.
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone associated with this forum for past help. For the past few years, with my trusty old stillspirit super reflux, I have been making one or two 10l batches per year of 90%+ to make some limoncllo & various fruit liqueurs. These forums have been a great help.
In recent times these are becoming quite popular with family and friends as gifts and for general drinking. Also I want to do some experimenting with some different things. It is now getting to the point where I need a system that is a bit larger and more efficient to keep up with demand.
With all this in mind, rather than buy an expensive new system I have decided to build one. After a fair amount of research on this forum and other resources I have decided on a Bokakob design. It seems simple enough make and operate for a first home build.
I do have some questions regarding some dimensions and fittings that I've not been able to find answers to so I will ask them in the appropriate forums.
Thanks in advance for any help.
See you in the forums.
Harrance
harrance

equipment: 50l keg boiler, 3.5kw element with power controller.
Various 2" S/S and copper pipes and condensers held together with tri-clamps.
Car radiator cooled water recirculating system for condenser.
Old style stillspirit super reflux head with 25l boiler
Home made 5l Kentucky pot and coil.
Air still.

Re: About time I posted

Postby bac206 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:56 am

Welcome aboard harrance. I'm sure you can find most if not all the info you'll need for a boka build. Won't be long and you'll have the build bug too! Oh yeah, we love pictures round here :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bac206

equipment: 2" CM Keggomax
2" Copper pot head.
DIY Voltage controller
Just finished 4" glass bubbler

Postby Smbjk » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:18 am

Welcome mate here is a whole section on reflux stills viewforum.php?f=8

Boka stills are great I have one and have made some fantastic neutrals with the tomate paste wash or tpw. They are mega simple to build and run and will give you 95% any day of the week. I would recomend 2-3" diameter. The bigger the diameter the faster you will run it. You will also need to find your self a keg as your boiler. You can use your current boiler but you have said you need to boost production.

You've come to the right place. Start a build thread, post pictures, and ask many questions. Every question will be answered. G8od luck with the build :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Smbjk

equipment: 50lt keg boiler with 2"boka
3" bubbler with 4 perf plates
All grain brewery ( Small Scale ) Keg Fridge
50lt keg boiler 2x2400w elements
Control box
Building fund is depleted

Postby Sam. » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:19 am

Welcome aboard mate , sounds like you have everything under control :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Return to Welcome Centre