Allo Allo

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Allo Allo

Postby ENTITY77 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Heya peeps!

Appreciate the well thought out selection of info presented in the newbie threads. Answered a bunch of questions I didn't even know to ask lol.

Only spent a couple of days reading and watching video links but i feel like i have a fairly firm grasp on whats what thanks to this forum and the peeps who contibute.

Have a bit of experience brewing beer and distilling various liquids with glass from my chem days so I'm not completely in uncharted territory. Looking forward to learning the finer points of making a fine drop and getting to know some of the fine knowledgeable folk here.

Currently waiting on my still to arrive, went with a T500 setup. Went ahead and blew the dust off of one of my beer fermenter and started a tomato paste wash so ill have something to cut my teeth on when my still arrives.

Ahh well back to the research :-B

Cheers peeps.
ENTITY77

equipment: All gone

Re: Allo Allo

Postby SBB » Fri May 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Welcome to the madhouse E77
ENTITY77 wrote:Answered a bunch of questions I didn't even know to ask lol.

Thats the beauty of reading, you get the answers to questions you didn't know you had, :handgestures-thumbupleft: Ask a question and you get only an answer to that question.
Keep at it as there is more to know than you can imagine right now.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Sam. » Fri May 23, 2014 10:51 pm

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby 1 2many » Fri May 23, 2014 10:59 pm

SBB wrote:Welcome to the madhouse E77
ENTITY77 wrote:Answered a bunch of questions I didn't even know to ask lol.

Thats the beauty of reading, you get the answers to questions you didn't know you had, :handgestures-thumbupleft: Ask a question and you get only an answer to that question.
Keep at it as there is more to know than you can imagine right now.

Welcome to the forum

:text-+1: Spot on SBB , just keep reading and the answers will come. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Zak Griffin » Sat May 24, 2014 8:40 am

Welcome mate! You're on the right path, the T500 isn't a bad still and with a good TPW and good cuts you'll be making some clean neutral/vodka in no time!
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby Andy » Sat May 24, 2014 12:56 pm

welcome mate. sounds like ur all over it with the tpw and striving to make a great spirit as oppose to just any old piss :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby ENTITY77 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanx for the welcome peeps.

Sooo many things i want to try, where to start lol.
ENTITY77

equipment: All gone

Return to Welcome Centre