good day from tassy

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Re: good day from tassy

Postby Zak Griffin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:47 am

Alright...

Now read through the beginners section, learn about cuts, and put a Tomato Paste Wash down.

Leave your Still Spirits shit in the cupboard if you want to make a nice drop.
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby MacStill » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:00 am

victor wrote:would appear no one knows the answer to my question.

the problem is the way you asked the question, not the lack of knowledge on the forum, WTF is "smoother" ?

got a product description ?

what's it made of ?

How the hell do you expect anyone to know the answer with the info you've given ?

Is your terminology of that product correct ?

I'm going to do as others have and point you to the newbies section again Helping us help you - a guide to asking for advice

Here's what you asked.

the last 3 washes I produced 18lt of 60% spirits,i allways use smoother and found that 60% goes cloudy when its cold but clear when temp rises.i made up whiskey and had to put through a coffee filter and a jelly was removed.so higher % stops smoother being absorbed?.thanks,victor

Now I'm no rocket scientist, I'm not an idiot either.... but when I read your question I just though WTF :wtf: and just clicked away.

The more effort you put into your question, the more likely it is you'll get the info you're after.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby pulsetech » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:10 am

I guess the real question here is do you want to make Better Liquor or just cheap booze ?
pulsetech

equipment: 4"

Postby victor » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:31 pm

ok thanks all, ill look into it.a chemist id think.will post if I sort. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
victor

Postby MacStill » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Just found smoother on google :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yeah dont think I'd tip that shit in my spirit :laughing-rolling:

smoother

MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby pulsetech » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:35 pm

:scared-eek: :)) :D
pulsetech

equipment: 4"

Postby SBB » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:50 pm

victor wrote:ok thanks all, ill look into it.a chemist id think.will post if I sort. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Victor I really think you'd be better off forgetting about chemists, smoother, glycerine and jelly in you bottles.
If you were to read some of the links and threads people have suggested you shouldn't need any of the above. As a bonus your spirits will improve in all ways and will cost much less.
My guess is you dont strip or make cuts, without those two procedures you will never make anything worth while with an air still.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Andy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:02 pm

i have use glycerine and glucose (the one you mentioned) previously to give a better mouth feel to make liqueurs. but I haven't added it to neutral before (im not too sure why you would?)

How much are you adding?

if i had to guess (and this is a research-less guess so might make no sense) that the high ABV, and the colder temp is causing the glucose molecules to bind to the oils present in the spirit making it go cloudy
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby victor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:49 am

Andy wrote:i have use glycerine and glucose (the one you mentioned) previously to give a better mouth feel to make liqueurs. but I haven't added it to neutral before (im not too sure why you would?)

How much are you adding?

if i had to guess (and this is a research-less guess so might make no sense) that the high ABV, and the colder temp is causing the glucose molecules to bind to the oils present in the spirit making it go cloudy

give that man a cigar.i believe you are on the money.the reason I did neutral spirit was a test after id made up some 60% whiskey that went cloudy and could see the smoother (glucose) suspended in it.now can someone tell me how the hell Im supposed to do cuts with an air still.you put 4lt of wash in turn on take 700ml=60% or 1lt=40%ish of spirit then turf the rest.
victor

Postby Sam. » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:53 am

Check this out

Then on your final spirit run collect in small jars to do your cuts :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby victor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:03 am

MacStill wrote:Just found smoother on google :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yeah dont think I'd tip that shit in my spirit :laughing-rolling:

smoother

now your just takeing the piss!
victor

Postby victor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:07 am

sam_and_liv wrote:Check this out

Then on your final spirit run collect in small jars to do your cuts :handgestures-thumbupleft:

yes I read that but i stuck with the instructions that came with my air still.no cuts mentioned.
victor

Postby victor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 am

MacStill wrote:

the problem is the way you asked the question, not the lack of knowledge on the forum, WTF is "smoother" ?

what's it made of ?

How the hell do you expect anyone to know the answer with the info you've given ?

I'm going to do as others have and point you to the newbies section again Helping us help you - a guide to asking for advice

Here's what you asked.

the last 3 washes I produced 18lt of 60% spirits,i allways use smoother and found that 60% goes cloudy when its cold but clear when temp rises.i made up whiskey and had to put through a coffee filter and a jelly was removed.so higher % stops smoother being absorbed?.thanks,victor

Now I'm no rocket scientist, I'm not an idiot either.... but when I read your question I just though WTF :wtf: and just clicked away.

The more effort you put into your question, the more likely it is you'll get the info you're after.

I did clarify prior this post of yours it was a still spirit product glucose from corn.
victor

Postby Zak Griffin » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 am

We're trying to tell you to forget the instructions that came with the still, mate... We're trying to show you the way to make a better quality spirit...
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

Postby victor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:36 am

Zak Griffin wrote:We're trying to tell you to forget the instructions that came with the still, mate... We're trying to show you the way to make a better quality spirit...

yes thanks zak I follow that,the spirits I have produced are perfectly ok and have never had a bad one.
victor

Postby Zak Griffin » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:44 am

You must be using some definition of the term 'perfectly OK' that I wasn't previously aware of...

You're obviously in this game to make as much shit booze as you can, so I'm afraid there's little we can do to help :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

Postby SBB » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:25 am

victor wrote:I follow that,the spirits I have produced are perfectly ok and have never had a bad one.

Victor you are not listening, we are trying to help you. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
If your spirit is so perfect why do you need to add this smoother crap to it ? Thousands of distillers world wide make much better spirits than you without using it.
You obviously don't want to learn better ways of doing things. Id suggest you maybe better off going to your local home brew shop and asking them what the problem is. I'm sure they will have all the answers you require.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby MacStill » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:48 am

victor wrote:
MacStill wrote:

what's it made of ?

Here's what you asked.

I did clarify prior this post of yours it was a still spirit product glucose from corn.

And you're still missing the point :angry-banghead:

We can only try to guide you, as we have thousands of others, at the point where you become argumentative because of your refusal to accept the guidance given by some very experienced distillers........ well that's the point you're on your own, I'm sure there are others we can better spend our time giving guidance.... WHO APPRECIATE THE ASSISTANCE.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby victor » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:24 pm

wow!!! unbelievable. thought I asked a simple question and all I got was bullied.this is Australia fellas. :naughty:
victor

Postby davecuds » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:35 pm

*sits down with popcorn*
davecuds

equipment: 50L boiler, 4 plate bubbler. 3600w element, SSR controlled

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Centre