Registering an account @ aussiedistiller

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Registering an account @ aussiedistiller

Postby MacStill » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Recently I've been getting quite a few emails from people wondering why their account has not been activated, I thought it was time I explained a few things as to why it's not so easy to get through at times.

Every account that is waiting activation is done manually by me as I get time once or twice a day, so if your account isnt activated immediately there's no point signing up for another one as both will be ignored, at most you will need to wait a few hours generally.

Things that will help you get your account activation through without drama.

1st thing I check.

Use a name (not your real one) that is discernable, if you choose something like ua5qbmkyrdwq as your username you wont get through, if I cant read it or pronounce it I treat it as spam and delete it.

2nd.

The anti spam "equipment" question.

A spammer will get this wrong guaranteed, however a genuine person will know how to answer correctly even if you "dont own one yet" and are just "researching and/or building"

If you answer in a derogatory or insulting manner, or as a spammer would you wont get through.

3rd.

IP check for location etc.

If you are genuine and are from outside Australia or New Zealand you must follow the the on screen instruction in bold at the top of the registration page, if you do not do this you simply wont get through with a foreign IP address.

Lastly.

I apologise if these steps are an inconvenience to some people, however, these few simple steps help us ensure our forum remains free from spam and the associated problems with internet arse holes these days.

Thanks for your co operation & understanding.

Mac.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Re: Registering an account @ aussiedistiller

Postby MacStill » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:31 pm

:text-welcomewave:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Re: Registering an account @ aussiedistiller

Postby MacStill » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Well it still seems the message isn't getting through, I dont know how I can make it any clearer ~x(

MacStill
Lifetime Member

Return to Welcome Centre