Dropping to say HI

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Dropping to say HI

Postby twojaythomo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:11 am

Hello all, new to forum got so many questions I was unable to find but to be not rude will intruduce myself first. Been running nuetrals for about 4-5 years now, started with a air still lol yes it didn't take me too long to know this was a bad mistake, moved on to the super reflux the one with the 2 short colums lol another bad mistake, now I have a home spirits maker which is not bad, easy to run and more then enough for me.

Would like to get a pot still but just don't have the funds to get both these days, and really just don't have the time to learn a whole new skill set, but my cordial making keeps me happy enough.

Was using turbo yeast for about 3 years before I started looking on this forum and discovered the TPW, man how you can notice the difference. I am hoping to learn more and possibly fix any misstakes I maybe doing.

Don't really drink beer but I have just done my first ginger beer wash which is about a week and a half in and looking forward to it very much as I don't mind a bit of ginger beer.

Anyway enough of my babbling and I will have to take my questions to the appropriate section.
twojaythomo

equipment: 4" Bubbler, keg boiler with 2 elements and voltage regulator.

Re: Dropping to say HI

Postby Milky » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:50 am

G'day there!

Welcome and I hope you find the information on here helpful.

All of people start off in the same way you have. I think it is just the natural progression of the hobby.

There is a lot of info on here and it can be very daunting at times but be patient and read read read. Bunch of very helpful people on here that are never too far away to answer anything you may need clarification on.

A pot still condenser is not a hard item to make in reality. If you've never Soldered before, there is a couple of great tutorials on here. If you are keen, try and make a parrot. If should be able to get it done with minimum frustration, even with very little soldering skills. Bunnings sell a range of gas torches ranging from 25-80ish dollars.

Wish you well on your journey and there is no such thing as a silly question. But remember to have a good read up. Most of the answers are all here.

Milky.
Milky

equipment: Bender The 4" Copper Bubbler
Bender The 50L Electric Keg Boiler (2 xoxo 2000w 5 Star Elements)
Pure Distilling 2 Inch Reflux Still with 30 Litre Electric Boiler (2000w)
Homemade Copper 2 Inch Pot Still Condenser to fit the 30 Litre Electric Boiler.

Postby Woodsy71 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:39 am

Welcome Aboard TJ :smile:
Woodsy71

equipment: CM and a Pot

Postby Sam. » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:58 am

Welcome bud :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby 1 2many » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:22 am

Welcome mate enjoy the ride. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Return to Welcome Centre