Introduction

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Introduction

Postby Sinerjee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm fairly new to Distilling and thought I was doing alright.... That soon changed when I stumbled upon this forum simply looking for a way to get my EZ Filter to work better.... I've come to the conclusion that it would be best utilized filling up my garbage bin in time for bin day haha.
I've only done a few washes which turned out alright through my T500 but still had a quite a sharp smell and taste to them. After a bit of reading I'm going to be trying my first TPW after my final Turbo Classic wash is finished. I'm also going to start cutting what comes out of the T500 instead of keeping everything. Which will hopefully give me a much better end product.

Although I'm happy with using essences with a neutral spirit, I'm a bourbon/scotch/whisky drinker so would much rather be making those myself. I currently have a basic Corn Mash Whisky fermenting that I will distill using a friends Pot Still and will be looking at purchasing the Anemblic Pot Still attachments for the T500 in the coming weeks to make things easier on myself.
My current aim is to find myself a Bourbon/Whisky/Scotch that I've ultimately found the grain bill myself and can call it my own.

I also home brew beer although I've only put on a couple of brews which both turned out rather average. Drinkable but not the best beer I've drunk. Another working project that keeps me occupied in my spare time.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn alot more from you all in due time so thankyou in avance :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Adam
Sinerjee

equipment: FSD 4" Modular Pot
FSD 4" Packed Section, RC and Gin Caddy added.
30L Keg running on Gas.

Re: Introduction

Postby 1 2many » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Welcome aboard mate, seem you know the direction you want to go, but you definitely need to do the cuts to get a decent drop. good luck and enjoy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Sam. » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

If you are half handy with the tools you could knock yourself up a pot still and buy an adaptor to use with your T500 boiler ;-)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Sinerjee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:33 pm

I have considered making my own. But I don't think I would be able to solder the copper very well. Unless it's just done with a soldering iron similar to the one I use on my RC models. Somehow I don't think so haha.
Also I don't think I would be able to manipulate the copper as well as I would like and wouldn't be happy with the end result to be honest.
Sinerjee

equipment: FSD 4" Modular Pot
FSD 4" Packed Section, RC and Gin Caddy added.
30L Keg running on Gas.

Postby TheMechwarrior » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Keep your eye on the for sale section of the forums, good second hand still pop-up from time to time. ;-)

Cheers,

Mech.
TheMechwarrior

equipment: Five Star Distilling 6" neutraliser with
100L boiler

Postby Sam. » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Fair enough mate if your not confident to build, the FSD store may be a good place to look at goodies :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Many have been left dissatisfied with home brew shop stills ;-)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Welcome mate, glad you found this site :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Sounds like your on your way to making a product like never before :-D
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby Woodsy71 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:02 pm

:greetings-waveyellow:
Woodsy71

equipment: CM and a Pot

Return to Welcome Centre