Clagiraba, at least its green

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Clagiraba, at least its green

Postby Stoney » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:11 pm

though we could do with some rain ..

Hi guys, recently built my first still and it seems to work, been registered over on the US forums as google kept sending me there, but hell, locals where its at !

Anyway, this is me new hobby, not much of a drinker, like sipping a decent scotch or rum, can't afford em as I am bone lazy, but I also like liqueurs so being able to make good neutral seemed like a good place to start. The missus will be more than happy with essences though I am pretty sure I will not be a fan. done one test run to date and shut it down early, collected enough to knock meself up a couple of nice coffee liqueurs tho.
they gone already ..

I design/code all sorts of electronic thingamabobs, done a lot of stuff for the pool industry, industrial stuff etc, I am itching to make some useful still bits ..

ex south aussie, adelaide and SE, came to qld for the weather as I dont do cars usually, ride an old beemer currently ..

anyway, thats me intro .. time to poke around
Stoney

equipment: 55l nixon stone 1 3/8 column, propane + electric
2" pot column

Re: Clagiraba, at least its green

Postby Sam. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Welcome mate, glad you found us :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby 1 2many » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi Stoney and welcome, kick back and enjoy.. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Yummyrum » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Welcome Stoney ..that Nixon stone should be lots of fun .Now thats done and the Mrs is happy ,Time to make yourself a Pot still :D
Yummyrum

equipment: Did use Still Spirits Reflux
Now use 50l Keg with Pot head for Rum and Neutral stripping runs on gas .
LM/VM head with 1m packed 2" on Still Spirits boiler for Neutrals.

Postby Stoney » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:52 pm

always intended to have a few columns i can use. a 3 or 4 inch stripping column might be next.

dropped in at the local stockfeed place today and enquired about grain for horses, when asked why, figured wtf and said for making whiskey .. met with flat out, 'you can't it has additives', looked at sack on floor proclaiming 'no chemical additives' .. conversation went downhill from there, stupid cow.

but sure, sugar washes and neutrals will keep me amused for only a few weeks more i reckon then I want to move onto booze as an artform.
Stoney

equipment: 55l nixon stone 1 3/8 column, propane + electric
2" pot column

Return to Welcome Centre