Hi from Adelaide

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi from Adelaide

Postby abu » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi there,

I'm Alex, a total noob in distilling, but thanks to this forum and Google at least have started to understand that rum doesn't made of vodka and reflux have nothing to do with relax.
Now I'm after my very first still and maybe one day I will join the club of happy owners of FSD hi-end column. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Best wishes to everyone and thanks for guiding through the exciting path of home distillation.
abu

equipment: Pot still

Re: Hi from Adelaide

Postby Zak Griffin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Welcome mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

First off, what is it that you want to make? This will decide what still you need...
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby woodduck » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi :greetings-waveyellow: and welcome. You've come to the right place, there's more info here than you can poke a stick at. Good luck :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby 1 2many » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:03 pm

W.elcome to the forum, you have found the right place for all the info you can handle, enjoy. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi Abu,
Yet another SA member here to welcome you and I did see your looking for a keg. I was at the scrapyard yard in Murray Bridge today and man do they have some keg's there, there is even that keg with an element still there on an extended keg. Now if you want a standard keg I do have one here that you can have for what it cost me $50 and I'm about 35 minutes from the toll gates.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby stretch69 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Hey mate!
There's heaps of people from SA here.
I was going to make one but ended up buying a FSD 4" bubbler once I saved enough up!
Def no regrets, the beast is awesome!
stretch69

equipment: 4" 4 plate FSD Bubbler!
50l Boiler

Postby abu » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Thanks to everyone for the warm greetings!

I think I will start with a keg boiler and 2"X1m VM/LM column, with additional cap and removable packing part. I hope I wil be able to produce something decent on it and - keep saving money for FSD beasts. :)

Thanks for the hint about kegs, too! Never have any deal with it, surprisingly it's kind of a rare stuff - especially if don't know where to look :)
abu

equipment: Pot still

Postby BIG D » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Hello mate :greetings-waveyellow:
BIG D

equipment: 50l keg 2400w element , fsd neutralizer 5 plate packed section, Big arse 8"fsd Mc thumper and various other stuff

Postby skurvy84 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:17 am

Welcome to the forums mate. Lots of great info here for us newbs
skurvy84

equipment: Basic still spirits super reflux junker detuned, Pure Distilling Ultra reflux, keg boiler and pot still in the build process

Return to Welcome Centre