Hello from Canuckistan

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello from Canuckistan

Postby lsydd » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Been lurking on all the forums for nearly 2 years all the while keeping my eyes and ears open. Any question I've had usually has been asked before by someone somewhere and a workable solution or suggestion has been made. Ironically, I quit drinkin' about 25 years ago. :scared-eek: Doesn't mean my friends and family have to suffer. I've made successful batches of rum and whiskey using a pot still. I've constructed a 3 inch copper packed column in a VM configuration and now I'm on to a glasser (given a bunch of Coleman lamp chimneys just fell into my lap :D ) >>>[or that's what I told the wife] :liar: Anyway, the distilling community worldwide is as diverse as the countries that make it up. My head is so full of newfound knowledge it sloshes when I shake it. Take care and thanks for havin' me.
lsydd

equipment: 55l SS potstill, vm and hopefully a glasser....soon

Re: Hello from Canuckistan

Postby woodduck » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:43 pm

G'day mate, welcome :greetings-waveyellow:

Any picks of your still? I like seeing what others are using.

Goodluck with the glasser build. Once you get started you should start a build thread, we love watching builds :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby lsydd » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Monsieur woodduck... I'm a-lookin' at yer avatar and likin' what I'm seeing. I've got 1/8' copper and SS...also 3/16" SS.(and other assorted accumulated junk...I mean TREASURE...lol) I will take pix as I'm progressing....but being dain-bramaged I'm giving you fair warning the work will be in spurts and it may take longer to build than the Suez Canal. In addition there's grandsons, consults and SWMBO to contend with. :D Again, thanks for the welcome.
lsydd

equipment: 55l SS potstill, vm and hopefully a glasser....soon

Postby woodduck » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Don't worry mate I've got plenty of "treasure" too :laughing-rolling:

Rome wasn't built in a day. Don't rush it, just enjoy the build. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby 1 2many » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi and welcome :greetings-waveyellow:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Newbrew » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Welcome Mate :D
Newbrew

equipment: The First Sold 5SD Mac 4 SSG - 6" Pacemaker,
Big Ass 5SD Boiler,
5SD Elements With Guards
5SD Carter Head
Custom Built Dual Controller

Postby Zak Griffin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Welcome mate. You're not the only Canadan around here, you'll bump into 'Canuck' soon enough.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your stills.
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Return to Welcome Centre