G'day.

Say Hi and introduce yourself

G'day.

Postby Chase0077 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:27 pm

G'day, brand new to the game and hoping to take it further.. I'm another one of those guys that got an airstill without doing to much research so don't give me too hard a time. (But am happy to take a few on the chin). Going to have to use the bad boy for a while before upgrading. Just started stripping my first TPW. looking at going a Nutrigrain or cornflake next but can't find where to get oak. Read enough on here to stay away from the chips but can't find anyone selling dominoes etc. Anyway, great site and spend an hour or so a day here reading. Hoping one day to make some high quality knockoff bourbon.

Cheers, chase.
Chase0077

equipment: airstill atm

Re: G'day.

Postby woodduck » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:41 pm

G'day chase, :greetings-waveyellow: welcome

Hard to say where to get oak, there are a few places.might help if you give us an idea of your location. Then there might be some locals that could point you in the right direction.

Keep reading mate and you will soon find a still type that will suit your needs.

Good luck with your new hobby, you are bound to have a great time :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Whiskyaugogo » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:32 pm

G'day mate, welcome to the distillers paradise! :greetings-waveyellow:
Whiskyaugogo
Site Donor

equipment: To be updated

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Welcome
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby 1 2many » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:07 pm

G'day chase welcome, and nice to see you have been studying :clap:

I recon in the near future you might fall victim to the plated column curse AKA( Bubbler) like so many fortunate members on this forum :D

Enjoy the ride :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Danish » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:31 pm

welcome on board chase.
I will be picking up some french oak through the week, and i might be able to fill a pre-paid post bag with some if interested.

cheers
Danish

equipment: 2" pot and vm reflux still, build by 7Evan

Postby Ryan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Welcome mate! i'm new too, this place may as well be the encyclopedia for distilling!
Ryan

equipment: 2" Pot Still

Postby allnamestaken » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:29 pm

You've come to the right place to learn about distilling. I'm a newbie too, and have spent hours reading and absorbing. Don't feel too bad about buying the Airstill, I narrowly avoided getting a hbs PD setup, because a bloke I know has one, and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. (He drinks essence flavoured "bourbon" with coke). Luckily I was put on the right track after finding this site. My starter rig should arrive next week :D

Cheers
allnamestaken

equipment: FSD 4" modular pot still.

Postby tipsy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi :greetings-waveyellow:
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby Chase0077 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Danish wrote:welcome on board chase.
I will be picking up some french oak through the week, and i might be able to fill a pre-paid post bag with some if interested.

cheers

Thanks for the offer Danish. Let me know how it goes and I'll transfer some dosh to ya.

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Chase0077

equipment: airstill atm

Return to Welcome Centre