Hi Folks

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi Folks

Postby Nays_Shine » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi everyone. Ive been reading this forum for 6 months now, while I have been putting together a boka build. Its almost finished (see photo - column, leiberg or parrot not shown) and I have learnt a lot throughout the process of this build. Maybe I can even pass on a few tips to other first timers once I have documented my build which will come very soon!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site. I have also been reading HD, however it is really good to have the local context for supplies, local experience, 240v electricity etc. i could never find a controller section at HD? Maybe I didnt look hard enough.

While I am living in Melbourne, I am actually from NZ. I will only be operating my still to produce alcohol when distilling in NZ. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nays_Shine

equipment: 2" Boka. 1.5m packed column; 0.2m x 3/8" double coil; 0.3 x 1" cold finger; 5l boiler with 2x2200w elements.

Re: Hi Folks

Postby benpandaae86 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:56 am

Welcome
benpandaae86

equipment: 50l keg boiler 3600w element power controler
Reflux with extension tower with adaptor for keg
2" SS pot still modified leibig condenser
next mission building the next one (probably a 4" bubbler)

Postby CaptainRedBeard » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:19 am

Welcome mate :greetings-waveyellow:
Your coil looks fantastic, nice job :handgestures-thumbupleft:
CaptainRedBeard

equipment: 2" SS Column Reflux Keg Still
2" Copper Pot Still w shotgun condenser
Kelvinator Fridge Fermenter

Postby Sam. » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:14 am

Welcome mate :greetings-waveyellow:

That is some shiny copper there :-D

I also only distill when I'm in NZ :laughing-rolling:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Zak Griffin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:16 am

Welcome mate. Nice looking copper work, your bubbler build is going to be something worth watching! ;-) :))
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby Nays_Shine » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:25 am

Thanks for the welcoming people. I’ve been reading this site for a while so its good to be officially part of the family now! I will be sure to contribute to general forum discussions wherever I feel my input is appropriate. I was waiting for someone to pick up on the absence of a thermowel in my condenser head! Thats pretty much the last ‘essential’ requirement of my build before I can get going on a cleaning run. As I am living just outside the CBD, I do not have the luxury of a big detached suburban garage to bash copper in, so have basically been annoying the hell out of my housemates and neighbors for the past few months! I think they will be as happy I will when it’s all done!
Catch ya,

Nay.
Nays_Shine

equipment: 2" Boka. 1.5m packed column; 0.2m x 3/8" double coil; 0.3 x 1" cold finger; 5l boiler with 2x2200w elements.

Postby 1 2many » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:28 pm

G'day nays_shine, some very nicely polished copper kit you have there well done and welcome. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Return to Welcome Centre