newbie looking for contacts

Say Hi and introduce yourself

newbie looking for contacts

Postby dbeveridge » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:05 am

Hi All, love the site!
currently located in north WA, started brewing 2 years ago. running a t500 and also a copper pot still head.
have recently run in to problems with removalists damaging both my condensers, the pot still is repairable but the reflux is a wright off :crying-blue:

was hoping there is some one on here who builds decent reflux condensers?
dbeveridge

equipment: t500 artisan copper and copper pot still

Re: newbie looking for contacts

Postby woodduck » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:30 am

Gday and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your stills, that sucks.

It just so happens that there is a bloke in WA who makes awesome reflux stills, most would say the best. His name is mac and you can find out more by clicking on the 5 star link on the portol page.

Just a suggestion, you may want to spend some time reading up before you jump into your next purchase. There are alot of different types of stills around and alot of info on here to help you dicide. Alot of blokes have had byers remorse after seeing the bubblers.

Good luck with your new still.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Whiskyaugogo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:27 am

Welcome mate :greetings-waveyellow:

:text-+1: on what woodduck said!
Whiskyaugogo
Site Donor

equipment: To be updated

Postby hillzabilly » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:02 am

Welcome DB I have a small 1.5 inch boka style reflux still ya could use whilst saveing for bubble heaven fits onto a 25lt boiler.cheers hillzabilly
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby Andy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:55 pm

hey mate. sorry to hear about the damage. what broke on the reflux? is it just the coil condenser or column etc
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby dbeveridge » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks for all the comments guys , sorry for the slow reply, in between working shift and a temperamental net connection it I've tried 3 times to post ha ha

first off i would like to say a huge thankyou to hillzabilly he id an absolute champion and has really helped me out via PM

Will Definitely be taking all your suggestions and reading up where i can on the types of stills, those 5 star ones look mint.

my dream down the track (still many years away) is to set up a micro brewery

and Andy, the t500 was totaled, 1/2 the plastics were broken the column was bent and cracked
dbeveridge

equipment: t500 artisan copper and copper pot still

Return to Welcome Centre