Molasses in Tas

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Molasses in Tas

Postby Taz » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Any 1 had any luck finding 20 l drums of molasses in northern Tas ?
Taz
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Tassie
equipment: 2" fsd modular pot
50l keg single 2400w element

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby Woods314 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:31 pm

PFD food wholesalers sell 14 kg drums of food grade molasses and I think they are $20 odd and I see they are in Tassie.
Woods314
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:12 pm
equipment: T500 and pot still attachment.

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby Taz » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Thanks mate seen them about will have to chase up nearest vendor
Taz
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Tassie
equipment: 2" fsd modular pot
50l keg single 2400w element

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby bigcam » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm

sargents in burnie had it
bigcam
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Tassie
equipment: upgraded 110lt gas fired boiler
24lt inline thumper
4 inch x 4 plate with 4 inch shotty with parrot

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby Taz » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 am

Thanks bigcam
Taz
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Tassie
equipment: 2" fsd modular pot
50l keg single 2400w element

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby bigcam » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Taz do you know anywhere that has rye?

cheers cam
bigcam
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Tassie
equipment: upgraded 110lt gas fired boiler
24lt inline thumper
4 inch x 4 plate with 4 inch shotty with parrot

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby Taz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Not off the top of my head mate going on the hunt for supplies in the next week or so will keep my eye out
Taz
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Tassie
equipment: 2" fsd modular pot
50l keg single 2400w element

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby TasSpirits » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:40 pm

I get mine from Jamison's in Westbury, what sort of rye are you chasing?
TasSpirits
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:11 am
Location: Tasmania
equipment: Some FSD Gear as well as some home-made

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby bigcam » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:26 pm

TasSpirits wrote:I get mine from Jamison's in Westbury, what sort of rye are you chasing?

just some rye for a sugar head wash mate rough grind or rolled

cheers cam
bigcam
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Tassie
equipment: upgraded 110lt gas fired boiler
24lt inline thumper
4 inch x 4 plate with 4 inch shotty with parrot

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby TasSpirits » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:44 pm

bigcam wrote:
TasSpirits wrote:I get mine from Jamison's in Westbury, what sort of rye are you chasing?

just some rye for a sugar head wash mate rough grind or rolled

cheers cam

Me or the Mrs will be heading to Wynyard in the next couple of weeks, Ive got malted and unmalted, happy to send a few kgs as thanks for the heads up about the 4", milled how ever you want. :handgestures-thumbupleft: If any northern tas members want food grade molasses, if PFD have it, I can get it.
TasSpirits
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:11 am
Location: Tasmania
equipment: Some FSD Gear as well as some home-made

Re: Molasses in Tas

Postby bigcam » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:22 pm

TasSpirits wrote:
bigcam wrote:
TasSpirits wrote:I get mine from Jamison's in Westbury, what sort of rye are you chasing?

just some rye for a sugar head wash mate rough grind or rolled

cheers cam

Me or the Mrs will be heading to Wynyard in the next couple of weeks, Ive got malted and unmalted, happy to send a few kgs as thanks for the heads up about the 4", milled how ever you want. :handgestures-thumbupleft: If any northern tas members want food grade molasses, if PFD have it, I can get it.


cheers mate will pm ya :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bigcam
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Tassie
equipment: upgraded 110lt gas fired boiler
24lt inline thumper
4 inch x 4 plate with 4 inch shotty with parrot


Return to Distillers Warehouse



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

x