parts sourrces

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

parts sourrces

Postby atec77 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:17 am

Recently in looking for some 100 mm copper or stainless tube I have noticed an alarming tendency to price creep across local plumbing and metal supplies , many wont sell off cuts because they don’t cut yet have off cuts ... and the same dimension and spec tube across various companies vary by hundreds of dollars for a 6m length which is far more than I need. Searching the scrap merchants is atm complicated due to covid and is little help in filling my needs . Also copper reducers ostensibly sized for a job eg 3”to 2”rarely have both ends able to fit the tube I have due to poor fit , often 2” is a problem .
So the question is who has found affordable supplies and reliable sellers of tube parts people , fyi south of Brisbane but courier might be in order
Tia
atec77

equipment: Reflux
4 plate
6 plate

Re: parts sourrces

Postby LikkerSheWillLoveIt » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:27 pm

Who buys stainless and copper in full lengths at trade prices, then cuts it up into small lengths everyday?

Plumbers and Stainless Fab shops.

Start calling some and see if they have what you want.

I’m a (retired) stainless fabricator, I don’t buy from wholesalers, I go see mates and get off cuts, you will be surprised what a carton of beer will get you.

Also you won’t buy 100mm stainless. Apart from a few exceptions, it’s all imperial 4” is 101.6mm.

Sorry I don’t personally know anyone for stainless in southern Brisbane, but I do on the Gold Coast.
LikkerSheWillLoveIt

equipment: Home made 50L keg boiler. PID controlled. Stainless Column dual valved reflux still.

Postby The Stig » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:27 pm

https://5stardistilling.com/shop/?s_app ... ;s_keyword
Just sayin :laughing-rolling:
And south side Brisbane, Capalaba
We do better for cash :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby atec77 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:42 pm

LikkerSheWillLoveIt wrote:Who buys stainless and copper in full lengths at trade prices, then cuts it up into small lengths everyday?

Plumbers and Stainless Fab shops.

Start calling some and see if they have what you want.

I’m a (retired) stainless fabricator, I don’t buy from wholesalers, I go see mates and get off cuts, you will be surprised what a carton of beer will get you.

Also you won’t buy 100mm stainless. Apart from a few exceptions, it’s all imperial 4” is 101.6mm.

Sorry I don’t personally know anyone for stainless in southern Brisbane, but I do on the Gold Coast.

have called a few but the problem is a thing called covid , the local fab shop has all but one welder off and little work so no materials atm they claim , all I want atm is a metre of 4" copper ;(
I have plenty of good liquid sunshine but no beer :drool:
atec77

4 plate
6 plate

Postby atec77 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:28 pm

The Stig wrote:https://5stardistilling.com/shop/?s_application=tri-clamp-pipe&s_keyword#038;s_keyword
Just sayin :laughing-rolling:
And south side Brisbane, Capalaba
We do better for cash :handgestures-thumbupleft:

you stock 4"copper? , your over an hour drive east of me :9
atec77

4 plate
6 plate

Postby The Stig » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:52 pm

No just stainless
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby RC Al » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:53 pm

http://www.aussiedistiller.com.au/viewt ... 20#p202704

An hour drive? nuthin... this is Australia dude. Patience is very much needed for this hobby :cool:
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby atec77 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:12 pm

RC Al wrote:http://www.aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11029&hilit=price+copper&sid=9aeee63d6718e014171b3db039a0f148&start=20#p202704

An hour drive? nuthin... this is Australia dude. Patience is very much needed for this hobby :cool:

its a good hour across Brisbane only 30k through filthy traffic... Id rather eat glass
atec77

4 plate
6 plate

Postby atec77 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:23 pm

some one was kind enough to offer some 4' they had down the back of the shed at a fair price.... thanks for that and now to finish the build :handgestures-thumbupleft:
atec77

4 plate
6 plate

Return to Distillers Warehouse