copper reduced ended tube

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

copper reduced ended tube

Postby invisigoth » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:55 am

hi all :greetings-waveyellow:

i wanted to make a replacement output for my condenser to replace the parrot. i payed a visit to the only scrappy in my aria that i'm aware of that lets you *buy* , hornsby scrap metal. i was going to buy some smaller tubing than what i had, and intended to poke around to see if i could find any fitting. i was after a 2inch to 3/4. mac's parrot uses two reducers soldered together to bring it down from 2 inch to 1/2 inch. i actually wanted to go down a bit smaller, since the output from the parrot was 3/8inch. then i hit the jackpot! :dance:

in a skip bin they had a bunch of these (i had cut one end off for my output when i took this) :

even had the right size tube :)) . all i had to do was cut the tube end the right length, re-anneal the tube and re-shape it, drill a vent hole and slap on an easy flange :

they also had some 3 inch ones as well.
invisigoth

equipment: bte cm reflux head
5l pure distilling pot still
t500 boiler +extra pure distilling lid
diy phase angle controller
diy output extension tube+parrot
3 plate modular macbubbler

Re: copper reduced ended tube

Postby gixxer » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:13 pm

that is a lucky find, hornsby scap metal is a relaxed sort of place but luck of the draw to find what you need when you need. I have used them over the years for aluminium and stainless steel to make projects on the lathe.
cheers gixxer
gixxer

equipment: no equipment as yet

Re: copper reduced ended tube

Postby RC Al » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:37 pm

I would be having a good look at the toxicity of refrigerants and refrigerant oils, and then how to remove them from the copper before counting on using it, (time, chemicals $$)

This 2" to 3/4" is $3.40 https://plumbingsales.com.au/copper-tub ... r-m-f.html
and a 20-15 reducer is a further 65c
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Return to Distillers Warehouse