New Glass Spirit Bottles - Perth Members

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Re: New Glass Spirit Bottles - Perth Members

Postby maheel » Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 am

BackyardBrewer wrote:I said to family & trusted friends "don't throw out any clear wine bottles or spirit bottles" and was buried in bottles in a matter of a month.

Scrubbing the labels off is a bastard but worth it. You could use red wine bottles too, but I just like to see what's inside the bottle.

Trust me put the word out and you'd be surprised how many wine and spirit bottles you'll get given in no time.

try soaking them in a big bucket in water and napisan

sink them and leave them there a week, i find the labels just fall off after a while
maheel

Postby R-sole » Mon May 14, 2012 11:15 am

Soak the labels off in hot water and oxyclean/napisan/laundry king (sodium percarbonate).
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby BackyardBrewer » Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 am

Yeah I use homebrand napisan and hot water. Use the same stuff sanitsing beer bottles too. Beer labels come off a lot easier.

I find some spirit labels stuck on with the sperm of satan...so hard to get off. A McCallum's scotch bottle yesterday has been soaking for days and had to scrub liked a bastard to get that sticky shit off.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby R-sole » Mon May 14, 2012 11:57 am

eucalyptus oil will get all th glue residue off with a wipe. i find bundy bottles and johnie walker the hardest
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby QLD.Andy » Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 pm

I use a razorblade
QLD.Andy

equipment: Still Spirits T500 with Copper Mesh
McStill made Copper Parrot
McStill made Copper Pot Still

Postby victorski » Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Glue residue is a bitch, this stuff is a god send! The best "Goo Dissolver" on the market :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: http://www.orangepower.com.au/sticky-sp ... dissolver/
victorski

equipment: 2.5" Pot Still with 50L Keg Boiler

Postby Goldie » Mon May 14, 2012 11:24 pm

BackyardBrewer wrote:I said to family & trusted friends "don't throw out any clear wine bottles or spirit bottles" and was buried in bottles in a matter of a month.

Scrubbing the labels off is a bastard but worth it. You could use red wine bottles too, but I just like to see what's inside the bottle.

Trust me put the word out and you'd be surprised how many wine and spirit bottles you'll get given in no time.

Another good source of free bottles is your local "trendy" cafe. Ask them to save the sparkling water bottles. These are glass and have the added benefit of minimal cleanup. If your after a laugh check the price of the bottle when full! :grin:
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:02 am

audistiller wrote: I want to know from those of you in Perth and the surrounding areas, if anyone is interested in purchasing some brand new glass spirit bottles.

Regards

Count me in for ~50.

I was looking at doin the exact same thing from plasdene, though got destracted...

Hows the interest in this? Any idea of a time frame yet?

I'd be happy with anything from 700-1125ml mate!
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby NotBenStiller » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Urrazeb wrote:Hows the interest in this? Any idea of a time frame yet?

Original post was a few months ago - and audistiller hasn't visited for a few weeks
This chance may have been and gone :whistle:
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby Divey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 pm

I recently bought some 3 litre and 5 litre wide neck swing top bottles so it was easier adding and removing oak chips. I bought them off Kitchenware direct who are in Perth, they also have these 1 litre swing top bottles....

http://www.kitchenwaredirect.com.au/Bor ... ottle-1-0L
Divey

equipment: 25 litre Alex Fractional/Pot Still.

Postby Divey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm

I've been buying French soft drink that comes in 1 litre swing top bottles like this....

They're about $7.00 a bottle here.

I rang the importer here in Sydney and he informs me that he has a bloke in Claremont, Perth by the name of Andrew that will be able to tell you where you can buy this soft drink in these bottles. Telephone number is 0892847100 and his business name is 'The Grocer'. I just rang the bloke and they have them is stock at $9.50 a bottle. So there ya go.

Hope that helps.
Divey

equipment: 25 litre Alex Fractional/Pot Still.

Postby NotBenStiller » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Could buy some SLOM from Ikea - $1.50

http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/80165855/
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby Longknife » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:19 am

Think iv missed the boat by the sounds of it but if this went ahead or other people keen id be up for 50 750-1125ml and 12 5l Demi's.
I could help with storage to if a big order was done.
Longknife

equipment: Ss t500 reflux

Postby cdbrown » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:43 am

Nothing went ahead so you've not missed out on anything.

I've been getting bottles from family and friends which works out well as they go through more bottles than I can use.
cdbrown

equipment: 50L keg with McStill pot head, 3-ring burner on MP adj reg (upgrading to italian spiral)
McStill Copper Parrot
3v 50L brew rig with HERMS for 42L homebrew batches

Postby audistiller » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:11 am

Just to let people know that are interested, I will still be going ahead with this buy, however I have had minor health issues, and I haven't yet been able to raise the cash for this bulk purchase. As I mentioned before, I will be contacting everyone who has showed interest in this thread, and those who have sent me a PM before I do the order. I expect to have the funds within the next few months. It will be easier if I fund this myself, then people can buy what they want directly from me once I have them.

PLEASE keep this thread only for showing interest in this bulk buy, there are other threads regarding ideas for bottles.
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Postby cdbrown » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:22 am

All the best with your health issues mate.
cdbrown

equipment: 50L keg with McStill pot head, 3-ring burner on MP adj reg (upgrading to italian spiral)
McStill Copper Parrot
3v 50L brew rig with HERMS for 42L homebrew batches

Postby djmurphy87 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:31 pm

caveman wrote:hey im intrested in the bottle situation im just new and have no stock of any bottles so it would help me out when i get goin
so count me in for sure

I am in the same boat I am all up for it.
djmurphy87

equipment: Reflux

Postby Kimbo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am

I'm Still Interested :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby audistiller » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Just to update and let people know, I am still going ahead with this at some stage, however if you are in urgent need of these bottles, please don't rely on me, and try to source what you need from other places, I am not in the game of fucking people around, I have just had a few things setting be back.

So I just want to let people know that if you have shown interest in this thread, or you have sent me a PM, I will contact you all when I place the order whenever that may be, if your not interested at the time that's fine, but I will let everyone know so DON'T PANIC.
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Postby Kimbo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Sounds fair enough to me :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

PreviousNext

Return to Distillers Warehouse