Food Grade Molasses.

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Re: Food Grade Molasses.

Postby Divey » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Aussiedownunder01 wrote:Price please ;-)

First post.....14kg = $21.10 in Sydney.
Divey

equipment: 25 litre Alex Fractional/Pot Still.

Postby vqstatesman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Is anyone able to quote some comparison facts about the difference between food and stock grade? Eg yield, overall cost, ease of use etc? Also if anyone from SA knows where to source this? Best I have come up with in SA is $25 for 25 KG stock grade.
vqstatesman

equipment: 4" Bubbler
150L Pressurised Bain Marie with built in agitator
50L Milk Can Boiler for small runs (feints)
T500 boiler repurposed as oversized decanter
Grainfather in the corner collecting dust

Postby Newtothisgame15 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:24 pm

For everyone in Sydney

Just to let you all know that you can get a 14kg Bundaberg Molasses for $20.10 .
Also a kg of fresh bakers yeast is less than $3. I also found Dextrose (25kg) for $32 instead of paying like $48 +. Just looking out
for everyone. Let me know if you need the contact. They are a wholesaler to the hospitality industry but sell to the public too.

Happy Brewing
Last edited by MacStill on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed, Read the rules champ ;)
Newtothisgame15

equipment: Turbo 500 With Reflux Condenser

Postby andybear » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:10 am

Hi all Melbourners, For those on the west side of Melb you can get the same Refinery Molasses 14kg for $18.50 from http://www.merchantaustralia.com.au/con ... chant.html
Merchant Australia
Address
24 Westgate Drive, Altona North VIC 3025, AUSTRALIA
Telephone
(61 3) 9931-6666
This is a wharehouse and not a retail store. But they sold to me and when they asked who am I, I told them I was a private buyer. :handgestures-thumbupleft: Call ahead to ask if they have as much as you want and if you take the correct cash you can go straight to the loading dock (they will tell you the number of the dock) and pick up from there from the warehouse guy.
andybear

equipment: T500 has been retired and the 4" glass bubbler, has been christened. With 50 litre inverted keg, two 2400watt elements, 100mm sight glass and 100mm column connection and 1/2" drain. And all resting on a hexagonal frame with lockable castor wheels.

Postby Divey » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:54 am

Newtothisgame15 wrote:For everyone in Sydney

Just to let you all know that you can get a 14kg Bundaberg Molasses for $20.10 .
Also a kg of fresh bakers yeast is less than $3. I also found Dextrose (25kg) for $32 instead of paying like $48 +. Just looking out
for everyone. Let me know if you need the contact. They are a wholesaler to the hospitality industry but sell to the public too.

Happy Brewing

Sounds like the fist post on this subject. Southern Cross supplies????
Divey

equipment: 25 litre Alex Fractional/Pot Still.

Postby Astro » Mon May 07, 2018 9:49 pm

andybear wrote:Hi all Melbourners, For those on the west side of Melb you can get the same Refinery Molasses 14kg for $18.50 from http://www.merchantaustralia.com.au/con ... chant.html
Merchant Australia
Address
24 Westgate Drive, Altona North VIC 3025, AUSTRALIA
Telephone
(61 3) 9931-6666
This is a wharehouse and not a retail store. But they sold to me and when they asked who am I, I told them I was a private buyer. :handgestures-thumbupleft: Call ahead to ask if they have as much as you want and if you take the correct cash you can go straight to the loading dock (they will tell you the number of the dock) and pick up from there from the warehouse guy.

Still buying from here mate?
Astro

equipment: 2" pot and 2" bok on 50ltr elec keg boiler

Postby BubblerNewb » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:54 am

Grabbed 15kg from Southern Cross Supplies just before Christmas. Am now watching as time knocks the rough edges of a delicious batch of rum.
BubblerNewb

equipment: Legal still

Postby orcy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:19 pm

Timstock in dingley have the Bundy molasses for a similar price. 25kg bags if dark brown sugar for around 45 too. They will sell to anyone but prefer you email them the order.
orcy

equipment: Old style T500 style still. honestly, I dont even remember who made it anymore
4 inch soon to be modular pot.

Previous

Return to Distillers Warehouse