Ingrediants supplyers in Auckland NZ

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Ingrediants supplyers in Auckland NZ

Postby kiwikeg » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi here is the feed shop that I got my molasses from.

Blackstrap mollasses in 2l or 20l, stuff is already fermenting so guessing it aint got preservitives
http://www.animalsupplies.co.nz/molassa ... ucket.html

they also got kibbled maize (cracked corn to the seppos) I havent tried this stuff yet as I bought in bulk elsewhere a while ago

http://www.animalsupplies.co.nz/farm-an ... -25kg.html

Shop address Unit1/570 Swanson Road, Swanson. Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm Saturday 9am to 1pm
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Re: Ingrediants supplyers in Auckland NZ

Postby kiwikeg » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Found another good place tonight- Arkh Spices and indian grocery corner Brick St and Swanson Road beside the Gas Station
-A1 white sugar 25kgs $34.95 :o
and fresh bulk spices for your gin and Ouzo, theres star anise, cardomin pods(black , greeen and seeds) cinomin everything and really really cheap
kiwikeg

Postby Choice Bro » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:11 am

Cheers kiwikeg!

I'm in Wellington and without a car so sourcing ingredients cheaply is a bit of a bitch.

Molasses I have been getting from Fertile Fields but with freight it comes to about $4.40l while your supplier works out to be $2.80l delivered :)
They have a recommendation rewards thing so if you let me know your details I will pass that on when I purchase ;)

In Wellington you can get 25kg kibbled maize delivered for $30 which is fine.
http://feedandsaddlery.co.nz/site/cms/p ... m/241/1044

Great find on the white sugar - I am going to have to scout around down here a bit more... $16 for 50L TPW.. thats about $1.50 per litre @40%ABV :dance:

Would love to hear of anyone else in Wellington region with supplier info ;)

Shit - just realized freight limit is 25kg and mollases is about 1.4kg to 1L .... darn it, wonder if I can get away with it...
Choice Bro

equipment: 25L T500 Style Copper Reflux with exchangable Copper Pot Condenser and exchangable elements ;)
38L Wort Boiler, 35L Mash Tun & Copper Immersion Chiller for all grain beer.

Postby kiwikeg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:15 pm

Yeah forgot to mention the indian grocers also have caterers size tins of leggos tomato paste for $5.95 (I guess I could freeze it) and 500gm bricks of yeast for $3.99 :happy-partydance:
kiwikeg

Postby codieb » Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Just wondering how the Rum from the feed molasses turned out? thinking about heading out there to buy 20L this weekend. Also has anyone found somewhere to buy licorice root? I am having a hard time finding it! :angry-banghead:
codieb

equipment: Pot Still and Copper T500 with extension column

Postby kiwikeg » Wed May 22, 2013 2:49 pm

codieb wrote:Just wondering how the Rum from the feed molasses turned out? thinking about heading out there to buy 20L this weekend. Also has anyone found somewhere to buy licorice root? I am having a hard time finding it! :angry-banghead:

The rum was bloody awesome i went a few generations on it really good i ended up with 2 x 5l demijohns of the good stuff one oaked & one white and just dip into the when i need some, the molassses rum definatly inproves with a bit of aging.
I havent found licorace root anywhere but i usally scope out flakely new age crystal and candle type places for juniper berrries and oddball herbs as those crazy wiccan types use a lot of that types of stuff - the Health food store next to binn inn in warkworth can track you down most herbs and roots if you ask politely.
kiwikeg

Return to Distillers Warehouse