Drums and Fermenters QLD

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Drums and Fermenters QLD

Postby maheel » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 pm

If your looking for cheap big fermenters (or grain storage silo's :) ) in the BNE area
check out

http://www.tilkey.com.au/index.php
As posted in a thread by Spud
"Tilkeys drum recyclers - 80 ltr drums are from memory about $13.00, they cotained citric acid or that acid they put in softdrink. They are UN specified containers so they are good quality. They also have 135 ltr drums for about $15.00."

prices may vary, call and ask ?

lol

Mod edit: 40 Norbury St, Coopers Plains QLD 4108, Australia
maheel

Re: Drums and Fermenters QLD

Postby Heffers » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:40 pm

I dropped in here today to pick up some new bigger fermenters than what I was using. Was a little bit more pricey than I hoped but still better than paying HBS prices.

If you are going shopping there, they don't have eftpos so take some cash with you.

Picked up a price list while I was there; (current as of Apr 2011)

60L Plastic Screw Top - $21.00
70L Plastic Screw Top - $24.50
80L Plastic Closed Top - $9.50
135L Plastic Closed Top - $12.00
200L Plastic Screw Top With Lid - $35.00
200L Plastic Closed Top With Bungs - $38.00

They have so much more but I have only posted the stuff that is confirmed as "food grade". They can also tap any of the drums for a small fee aswell.
Heffers

equipment: 2.5" Pot Still for Stripping
2.5" Condensor Controlled - Neutral Producer
2.2kW 50L Keg

Re: Drums and Fermenters QLD

Postby starkles » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Those red 70L drums are fantastic. From memory they where about 25 bucks each from tilky at the end of last year. I prefer them as you are able to remove the lid and give it a good wash out.They use to be used for holding olives so your wash does end up smelling like a deli haha.
starkles

Return to Distillers Warehouse