I got a price on pipe

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

I got a price on pipe

Postby stilltryin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:51 am

Hey everyone :smile:

I don`t know if I`m posting this in the right place or not, but if not please shift it.

I went to my local tradelink today to see if they had copper pipe, they do have it, in 2"...3"...and 4"....but only in 6 metre lenghts :-|

The prices were about $200 for the 2"....about $430 for the 3" and about $700 for the 4"

Does this sound about ballpark pricing for new tube?....I honestly have no idea at all as Iv`e never used it before. Trying to get it second hand here from the scrap yards is a waste of phone calls...I tried :sad:
stilltryin

equipment: at the moment...only a beer keg..lol!

Re: I got a price on pipe

Postby googe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:02 am

That's a coincidence, I was just ringing about 4' a minute ago, best I could find was $550 for 6m of 4' and $ 100 for a metre. That's in Melbourne though. Tradelink are evil money grabbers, never had a decent price on anything from them.
googe

Postby Sam. » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:10 am

stilltryin wrote:Hey everyone :smile:

I don`t know if I`m posting this in the right place or not, but if not please shift it.

I went to my local tradelink today to see if they had copper pipe, they do have it, in 2"...3"...and 4"....but only in 6 metre lenghts :-|

The prices were about $200 for the 2"....about $430 for the 3" and about $700 for the 4"

Does this sound about ballpark pricing for new tube?....I honestly have no idea at all as Iv`e never used it before. Trying to get it second hand here from the scrap yards is a waste of phone calls...I tried :sad:

It pays to shop around if you are buying new pipe, the variations can be massive even between different store locations of the same company :scared-eek:

If you can find a plumber etc that has a trade account and get it through them, it will work out cheaper :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby stilltryin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:13 am

:think: Thanks Googe.

I might have to try other places.

It sucks here though, you either can`t source stuff locally, or if you can, they charge like a wounded bull and use the old "freight across bass strait" excuse

One of the problems when I phone about it is everyone...so far... wants to know what I want it for :oops: I have to think fast before I answer :)) ..My stock answer now is "for heating under a concrete slab" ;-)

Thanks Sam and Liv....I`m going to have to do some more hunting....I don`t want or need 6 metres of it and I sure don`t want to pay those prices :sad:
stilltryin

Postby blond.chap » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 am

I had a look around Adelaide and the best prices I could find without a trade account were:

2": $47 /m - $187 /6m
3": $102 /m - $409 /6m
4": $131 /m - $478 /6m

I played around a bit and told one a quote from another, he immediately said he'd price match, worth a shot.
blond.chap

equipment: Paris Stillton (4" perforated bubbler)

Postby stilltryin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 am

blond.chap wrote:I had a look around Adelaide and the best prices I could find without a trade account were:

2": $47 /m - $187 /6m
3": $102 /m - $409 /6m
4": $131 /m - $478 /6m

I played around a bit and told one a quote from another, he immediately said he'd price match, worth a shot.

:think: Hmmm...I never thought of that, you might be on to something there :handgestures-thumbupleft:
stilltryin

Postby stilltryin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 am

Hey everyone :greetings-waveyellow:

I got a price from Plumbtec here.

Price for 2" was $295

3" was $719

4" was $899....and they will only sell at 6 metre lenghts :scared-eek: :scared-eek:

Of course my reply was a polite "stuff that" :text-lol: ..And on top of that they said they could`nt get it in the shop until after the new year :roll:
stilltryin

Postby blond.chap » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:24 am

Just got to brag for a second here, got the following quote today:

2": $35 per meter
3": $85 per meter
4": $110 per meter

Totally feels like bartering in an Asian country: Walk in and ask what the price is and they charge you 5 times the worth, walk in and tell them what the price is and you get that.
Man, who knew procurement could be such a rush :happy-partydance:
blond.chap

equipment: Paris Stillton (4" perforated bubbler)

Return to Distillers Warehouse