Distillers Log

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Distillers Log

Postby Frothwizard » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Hey Guys,

So I've written a little Windows App to keep track of frequently used recipes and wash's that I put on.

It's nothing fancy but you can add your own recipes and it'll even calculate potential ABV of your wash if you give it enough info (OG / FG).

Anyway, I use it to keep track of the little weird things that have happened over time regarding what I put into the wash and when wash's get put on etc.

Only for Windows PC's at this stage and will require .NET 4.0 to run, which can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=17718

The download link for it can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gzvq1 ... rs_Log.zip

If you like it, cool. If you don't need it, cool. If you want to use it and have any ideas for improvements, cool. Share your thoughts on this page and who knows...

It's nothing fancy but pretty simple and workable.

Just shove the two files that are zipped up in a folder of your choosing and run the .exe. Happy Days.

Thanks guys,
FW
Frothwizard

equipment: - Airstill
- FSD 4" 5 Plate Bubbler w/ Packed Section
- 50L Keg Boiler w/ 2 x 2400W Weldless Elements

Re: Distillers Log

Postby 1 2many » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Not bad frothy, the only problem I have is the cornflake wash file is to big for screen area and isn't scrollable so I can't read the bottom of the page but otherwise it is coming along nicely . :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Frothwizard » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:00 pm

1 2many wrote:Not bad frothy, the only problem I have is the cornflake wash file is to big for screen area and isn't scrollable so I can't read the bottom of the page but otherwise it is coming along nicely . :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Good to know, I'll keep a list of bugs / improvements and I'll add them. It just pops up in a notification window.

If you want to change it in the meantime, you can just delete the Recipe.csv file and run the program again, it'll recreate it blank and then you can just add your own recipes from the forum or wherever.
Frothwizard

Postby 1 2many » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:11 pm

I will definitely use this little app it keeps things tidy I have Note pad text files all over the desk top so now I just drop the app folder to my documents then create a exe shortcut to the desktop and everything is nice and tidy. :clap: :clap:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Frothwizard » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks dude, I'm glad you're finding it useful. Thanks for the feedback!!!

:text-thankyoublue: :text-thankyoublue:
Frothwizard

Postby mymumsaidimcool » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:51 pm

1 2many wrote: I have Note pad text files all over the desk top so now

that's generally what folders are for :P

definately only windows os only?

i run a mac pro.
mymumsaidimcool

equipment: FSD pot still + 1 sight glass & bubble plate (more to come) 50l Keg boiler

Postby Frothwizard » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:42 am

mymumsaidimcool wrote:
1 2many wrote: I have Note pad text files all over the desk top so now

that's generally what folders are for :P

definately only windows os only?

i run a mac pro.

Yeah, I don't do Mac's. Nothing against them but I only program in the various flavors of VB.
Frothwizard

Postby mymumsaidimcool » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:01 am

fair enough - they're not so common - i think it's time i wipe it and load windows on it anyway
mymumsaidimcool

equipment: FSD pot still + 1 sight glass & bubble plate (more to come) 50l Keg boiler

Return to Distillers Warehouse