5 Ltr Demijohns

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

5 Ltr Demijohns

Postby wombat » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Chasing some Demijohns-- have found some new ones -- 5 ltrs for just on $17 each plus postage
Anybody got suggestions --- after around 10

cheers wombat
wombat

equipment: 25 ltr electric boiler plus a pure distill , 4'' 4 plate FSD with copper packed extension on 80 ltr Boiler with 2.4 / 3.6 electric elements

Re: 5 Ltr Demijohns

Postby 5 o'clock » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Where do you live?

I ordered some cornelius kegs online today from "www.5stardistilling.com.au" brewery in Albury. They had demijohns for $12.90 including the lids plus postage.

If you are in eastern Australia I think they would be a good bet.

Richard
5 o'clock

equipment: Modular bubble plate still on a keg with 2 elements. Mostly run it as a pot so far.

Postby TheMechwarrior » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 pm

$14.95 each and free postage on orders over $100 from memory.http://www.aussiebrewmakers.com.au/reta ... tling.html
TheMechwarrior

equipment: Five Star Distilling 6" neutraliser with
100L boiler

Postby wombat » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:02 am

Thanks 5 oclock and mech for ya prompt relpy

Probably 4 hrs from Albury so will check out both

wombat
wombat

equipment: 25 ltr electric boiler plus a pure distill , 4'' 4 plate FSD with copper packed extension on 80 ltr Boiler with 2.4 / 3.6 electric elements

Postby OzKev » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:56 am

I'm not sure on post, but he does get some great rates.

https://nationalhomebrew.com.au/multi-p ... emijohn-5l
$9.95 each, leave a few $ for post
OzKev

equipment: 50 L boiler with 2 x 2200w elements, and voltage controller
- Pot still with a 2" column, 1/2" liebig, with a few ogee attachments.
- 3" Modular Boka
Still Spirit Super Reflux
Still Spirit T500

All Grain brewery (BIAB, 1V and a 3v)
Temp controlled fermenting

Postby 5 o'clock » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:41 pm

5 o'clock wrote:Where do you live?

I ordered some cornelius kegs online today from "www.5stardistilling.com.au" brewery in Albury. They had demijohns for $12.90 including the lids plus postage.

If you are in eastern Australia I think they would be a good bet.

Richard

If anyone is looking for demijohns, the ones I ordered from here are a good bet. Heaps cheaper than my local option but they took a while to deliver. I also got some silicone bungs for my large demijohns and some corney kegs I plan to store low wines in.

The corney kegs were advertised as being clean. On their website they stress that there will be no syrup in the kegs and that they use a special keg washing machine. The 3 I ordered were still pressurised with syrup in them when they arrived this week. When I sent an email suggesting that they might need to look at quality control they didn't appear to be worried about their service. :? On the plus side the price was right even after adding delivery.

Richard
5 o'clock

equipment: Modular bubble plate still on a keg with 2 elements. Mostly run it as a pot so far.

Return to Distillers Warehouse