Where To Buy Feed Grade Ingredients, Brisbane?

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Where To Buy Feed Grade Ingredients, Brisbane?

Postby wynnum1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Where is best place in Brisbane to get molasses.
wynnum1

Re: Stripping? Confused!

Postby MacStill » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:23 pm

wynnum1 wrote:Where is best place in Brisbane to get molasses.

Any stock feed store should have it, but take your own container to put it in ;)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby maheel » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:30 pm

this is one in Doomben i have been to
http://berniesproduce.com
maheel

Postby QLD.Andy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:47 pm

wynnum1 wrote:Where is best place in Brisbane to get molasses.

Try Old Cleveland Road Capalaba, next to the old Harley shop - if your in Wynnum (as your name suggests) you should know of the place/area.
There is also a place in Wynnum near the Mitsubishi dealer (not sure if they have it)
QLD.Andy

equipment: Still Spirits T500 with Copper Mesh
McStill made Copper Parrot
McStill made Copper Pot Still

Postby rumby » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:36 pm

I brought 20l of mollasses from Capalaba Produce today. $16 for twenty litres, but need your own container. With the cold weather it takes them ages to fill it, so I dropped the container off yesterday arvo & picked it up this arvo.

I got a price from Rochedale Produce the other dya $27 for 20litres, their container (fuckin expensive). Macleans Produce (just before Jimboomba) sell it by the litre (take your own containers or there have it 2l milk bottles I think $1.50 per litres, not sure if it is any cheaper bulk.

Hope you have somewhere to store it, the shit stinks (I love it and my missus puts up with it, she is pregnent with twins, so she can smell a fart before I caneven push it out).

There is a place on the warrego highway, stringers, there sell it, I think spud gets a 44 gallon drum.

I like to buy a shit load, if you live in wynnum, we should go halves a ulk order.

PM me if you are keen.
rumby

equipment: CC reflux still

Postby QLD.Andy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:32 pm

I didnt think they would have a site, but they do: http://www.capalabaproduce.com.au
Hey Rumby, are you local?
QLD.Andy

equipment: Still Spirits T500 with Copper Mesh
McStill made Copper Parrot
McStill made Copper Pot Still

Postby rumby » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:43 pm

I was at Capalaba Produce today (picking up 5 new chickens) I spoke to the chick about Mollasses prices, they will fill my 200l drum (my drum) for $109.00 big ones (52 cents a litres ish), I cant remember how much spud said he gets it from springers at hattonvale, but by the time i take fuel into consideration, that is a price for me. So anyone local to this area, happy days. They said it could take a few days to fill, so I will drop it off during the week. Pick up next week sometime. The first 200l is gone but if anyone is chasing some in the future PM me & if I am getting some, happy to off load some (supply own drums & need to be at my place when I get it, because it weighs a fucken tonne and will be emptying the container while on the back off my ute), I have 6 X 80litres fermentors & with summer coming up should get through heaps. I brought the drum from Tilkeys for $50 with a tap hole & brought a 2inch tap etc, from an irragtion shop at Moss St for approx $20 bucks.
rumby

Postby jeracoo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Very nice Rumby, thanks for that, maybe we should post this is the distillers warehouse, its a great deal.
jeracoo

equipment: T500 with special pot still made by McStill himself

Re: Where To Buy Feed Grade Ingredients, Brisbane?

Postby Nardy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:39 am

I also get mine from capalaba produce for $16/20L. Although my container holds about 23L and they filled it to the brim. :D

rumby, I'd definitely be keen to get in on your next order, that's a great offer!
Nardy

Re: Where To Buy Feed Grade Ingredients, Brisbane?

Postby rumby » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Nardy,

No damas mate, I will let you know, as I said earlier, the first 200l is gone, but wont be long until I get more (heaps of fermentors to fill)
rumby

Return to Distillers Warehouse