Supermarkets with Supplies

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Re: Supermarkets with Supplies

Postby jeracoo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:57 pm

I was using old glycerine bottles to give people my rum and they kept commenting on it had a nice sweet taste to it when they licked their lips so now I put glycerine around the lip of my bottles.
jeracoo

equipment: T500 with special pot still made by McStill himself

Postby fields » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:19 pm

I've been using the glycerine in liqueurs to give a mouthfeel much more consistent with a bought product - worked with SPD and particularly with espresso liqueur; just 5ml per L seems to do the trick
fields

equipment: 50L 2" Boka LM Reflux Still
looking to get rid of:
5L super reflux still
25 L CM still

Postby Linny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:16 pm

I found going into the shops really hard to find , i ended up just telling the MRS to do a online shop with woolworths , and add my yeast, sugar, citric acid, epson salt, tomato paste,gelatine(for clearing) and glycerine(for smoothing) to the online order !!!! :handgestures-thumbupleft: winners all round since online shopping is cheaper as well. it just rocks up to the house.

My still isnt the best and i find it a little harsh (after a double distill), but im just "trying" my TPW now and i gotta say :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: . Far exceeded my expectations, only took two extra days to ferment than turbo but i now have a cleaner smoother product. which brings me to my next item , glycerine,,,, i started adding 5ml/L and it works , maybe little too well... i added glycerine to my bourbon smoothed it out heaps ! but now i find the essence too strong ??? so next time im thinking of "watering down" the essence but still keeping my drinks at 38% ABV, if that makes sense... 8-} since im finding them very strong and sweet.... any excuse to try more LOL :handgestures-thumbupleft:

does anyone have any tips to smooth over the misses ? since mine doesnt really drink , and she drinks wine. but she tried to shut it down with the smell of turbo , but then i found TPW, got that passed , then i had to move the still out that back since people "may" have been wondering what im doing with the shed door half up .... now , she is saying brewing is taking up all my time LOL .... ive only just started and have about 8 L of product ageing , but i feel i still need to get a more diverse base (eg captain morgans, butterscotch, Kahlua, Irish cream) before i can slow down and appreciate. :D

Sorry for Hi-jacking ,,, was talking about supermarkets and just kept blurting on LOL
Linny

equipment: 4 Plate 3" Glass Bubbler - 50L Boiler
50L BIAB Temp Controlled Mash Tun

3" Carter Head Soon to Come

Postby Urrazeb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Yeah mate the mrs never likes it. Try making SPD, or some girly drinks for cocktails etc, also tell her that u will give bottles away as Chrissy presents, that'll save heaps of money. And we all know how tight the finance minister can be!

That works for me mate, she doesn't mind that I'm stripping 50l a night cos it's a direct saving!! :)

EDIT: spelling
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby Linny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Urrazeb wrote:Yeah mate the mrs never likes it. Try making SPD, or some girly drinks for cocktails etc, also tell her that u will give bottles away as Chrissy presents, that'll save heaps of money. And we all know how tight the finance minister can be!

That works for me mate, she doesn't mind that I'm stripping 50l a night cos it's a direct saving!! :)

whats SPD ??? next im making a butterscotch and maybe try a ruski ? or vodka cruiser if anyone has any receipes :handgestures-thumbupleft:

doesnt help when the MRS works at the bank that you banks with LOL :angry-banghead:
Linny

Postby Urrazeb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 pm

SPD=strawberry panty dropper. It's a really good one to sway the chicks into enjoying the fruits of this hobby. Ruski style could be imitated by lemoncello, or a citrus vodka, take a look in the recipe section, there's some good gear there!
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby Linny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Will do lol :text-thankyoublue:
Linny

Postby Kimbo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Urrazeb wrote:Yeah mate the mrs never likes it. Try making SPD, or some girly drinks for cocktails etc, also tell her that u will give bottles away as Chrissy presents, that'll save heaps of money. And we all know how tight the finance minister can be!

:text-imwithstupid: My Missus duznt drink either, but she's happy to give her mates freebeez :roll:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Previous

Return to Distillers Warehouse