Grain/Molasses in Katherine

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Grain/Molasses in Katherine

Postby Sinerjee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm thinking it's a long shot but.... Does anyone know of somewhere where I will be able to get molasses and the various grains required for BWKO in Katherine, NT.
I'm moving there at the end of the year and am hoping there is somewhere I can go rather than having to special order it in.
Sinerjee

equipment: FSD 4" Modular Pot
FSD 4" Packed Section, RC and Gin Caddy added.
30L Keg running on Gas.

Re: Grain/Molasses in Katherine

Postby bayshine » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:06 pm

there is a lot of cattle stations with horses in the nt so i would bet there would be a live stock joint around Katherine :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Postby whiskeyshiner » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:16 pm

:text-+1: i reckon it'd be cheaper in kath then WA not to far from north queensland. I have to get back up to NT soon beautiful country mate and two types of weather sunny and 30 or pissing with rain and 30
whiskeyshiner

equipment: 4” bubbler on 100l boiler

Postby Sinerjee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:39 pm

whiskeyshiner wrote::text-+1: i reckon it'd be cheaper in kath then WA not to far from north queensland. I have to get back up to NT soon beautiful country mate and two types of weather sunny and 30 or pissing with rain and 30

Yeah Katherine is generally sunny and 45 or pissing with rain and 45 :laughing-rolling:
Going to be a new experience moving from Sunny South East Queensland lol
Sinerjee

30L Keg running on Gas.

Postby whiskeyshiner » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:01 pm

:laughing-rolling: the memory fades
whiskeyshiner

equipment: 4” bubbler on 100l boiler

Postby crow » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Don't bet on it being cheaper, the word cheap and Katherine don't normally fir the same sentence well, but ater saying that I knew some guys that stilled out at Knotts crossing way so ya must be able to get it
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Sinerjee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:53 pm

A mates managed to put me onto a couple of places. One up near Darwin has crushed corn at $30 for 30 kilos. There's also a place fairly close to Katherine called NT Molasses Supplies but they don't have a website or stock listing. I'm going to assume they sell molasses though haha.
Sinerjee

30L Keg running on Gas.

Postby SBB » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:34 am

Im pretty sure they built a Sugar Mill in Kununurra a while back, at a rough guess id say some of the excess Molasses from there should end up in your area so you maybe able to get it at a reasonable price.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby MacStill » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:51 am

Yeah there's a refinery up in the NW of WA I'm sure, I dont think you'll have too much trouble finding supplies.

Pretty sure I've sent some gear up there last year to a rum and UJ drinker :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Return to Distillers Warehouse