WELD SPUD in Aus

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

WELD SPUD in Aus

Postby paleale » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi guys, well after 1.5 yrs I have finally been able to convince the wife on allowing me to a buy a FSD bubbler :romance-kisscheek: :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Now i am i the process to finding parts for a keg boiler that will match the still. I have everything i need, or it is coming, expect a fitting for the drain. I have been looking into what other people have done and rather then using a skin, I would like to try and solder in a NTP WELD SPUD. The only issue is im not sure where i can source them from in aus.

$T2eC16h,!y8E9s2fl8CvBRhCgQfB0w~~60_57.JPG

This is what im looking for. If any of you have seem them in aus could you please let me know where.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paleale

equipment: FSD Mac 4 SSG, with additional 500ml packed section kit.

Re: WELD SPUD in Aus

Postby res » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Not sure about that particular part but ebay has loads of ss fittings for every occasion.
I flipped my keg upside down and tri clamped a drain valve on the former top, worked really well.
res

equipment: Custom 4", 5 plate FSD bubbler, 600mm packed section.
50lt keg boiler with 2x 2400w elements
5lt copper pot still

Postby 1 2many » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:10 pm

res wrote:Not sure about that particular part but ebay has loads of ss fittings for every occasion.
I flipped my keg upside down and tri clamped a drain valve on the former top, worked really well.

:text-+1: Yep that's what I did and glad I did :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby res » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:38 am

1 2many wrote:
res wrote:Not sure about that particular part but ebay has loads of ss fittings for every occasion.

:text-+1: Yep that's what I did and glad I did :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Totally! Just wished I thought of it before I built my mashing setup :angry-banghead:
res

equipment: Custom 4", 5 plate FSD bubbler, 600mm packed section.
50lt keg boiler with 2x 2400w elements
5lt copper pot still

Return to Distillers Warehouse