60Ltr Fermenter - Bunnings

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Re: 60Ltr Fermenter - Bunnings

Postby Kenster » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:37 pm

In the aisle next to those 59 buck drums is a 60lit vessel with lid for 18 bucks...
its called a black plastic rubbish bin... does me just nicely...no need for air lock, lid fits fine and no spoils.CO2 keeps the heebies out.
OK..PLASTIC... i hear you say... yep a NO NO ... but is the10 to 15% alcohol level so high to be a concern, and does not the process of distillation...remove ...a lot of shit that we dont want... call me silly...i am ok with it.
Kenster

equipment: Still Spirits... turbo 500...retired.(Boiler retained, added 3kw element with variable temp)
RPG...3''x1200mm LM/VM combo...400mm double wound coldie
3''x1200mm copper pot & shares leibig from combo.

Re: 60Ltr Fermenter - Bunnings

Postby Dig Brinker » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:23 pm

Hmmmmm... It ain't food grade plastic Kenster, possibly recycled from who knows what. I know it's not high ABV that goes in or comes out, but boiling water, and the liquid sitting in it for a week or more, the action of fermentation itself with the wash constantly moving due to the co2... I'd rather something that's been ok'd to at least store food in rather than recommended for rubbish.
Dig Brinker

equipment: 4 inch 4 plate bubbler on keg boiler

Previous

Return to Distillers Warehouse