Needle valves

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Needle valves

Postby pecker » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi guys

If anyone is looking for needle valves and other valves this place seems pretty well priced.
I bought 3/8" for $50, postage from Brisbane to my joint was $15.

https://www.valvesonline.com.au/valves/needle-valves/nvs-316-ss-needle-valve

Also if anyone knows where to get stainless fittings for these to get my copper attached that would be a help.
I've found some at blackwoods and swagelok but they seems expensive.

They have a BSP thread on both ends.

Cheers
pecker

equipment: Reflux still bought off some guy.
2" Boka

Re: Needle valves

Postby youngy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:55 am

i found this one.............
: AU $14.88 but 3-4 weeks delivery
Last edited by rumdidlydum on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link
youngy

equipment: turbo 500 retired.
home made column still with home made graham condenser and parrot. retired
5SD Neutralizer bubbler, gas boiler ,100 litre 5S Boiler in the future

Postby Teddysad » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:46 am

Teddysad

equipment: FSD 4"SSG with packed column 50l Boiler keg. Alex 25 for smaller scale runs

Postby Doubleuj » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:48 am

youngy wrote:i found this one https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox ... 9f6a847d09 PAID : AU $14.88 but 3-4 weeks delivery

your link doesnt work for me youngy, just wants me to sign into a gmail account
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby sp0rk » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:17 am

Doubleuj wrote:
youngy wrote:i found this one https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox ... 9f6a847d09 PAID : AU $14.88 but 3-4 weeks delivery

your link doesnt work for me youngy, just wants me to sign into a gmail account

Yep, that is to an email obviously in Youngy's gmail
You'll need to copy out whatever is in the email mate
sp0rk

equipment: 2.5" pot still
2.5" shotty PC
50L boiler
2.5" Tee Plate Boka
4" 4 plate glass bubbler in the build stage

Postby sp0rk » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:19 am

Teddysad wrote:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111350246261

Unwanted advertiseris good, but if you order multiple things, 95% of the time they will leave something out and you'll need to get onto them to resend it
They left all the seals out when I bought a bunch of 2.5" triclamps and flanges from them
Last edited by rumdidlydum on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unwanted advertising removed
sp0rk

equipment: 2.5" pot still
2.5" shotty PC
50L boiler
2.5" Tee Plate Boka
4" 4 plate glass bubbler in the build stage

Postby aussiebrewer » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Ok im new here on this forum but have been around others for better part of a decade so forgive me if i step on toes but i need to know what is right and wrong before i proceed so i dont get in trouble also....i have had quite a few dealings with SS suppliers and distilling suppliers and if its not ok to share then ill keep this info to myself but...

With the post above me why was it edited to have the suppliers name removed?
is this not in the "Distillers Warehouse" section where the first post is from Mac the Admin

Im just curious as i like to follow rules and the first thread is an announcement one by the Admin titled....
Please Read Before Using this Forum
MacStill wrote:This area has been set up as a resource for members to use as a means for posting information on where to find stuff for distilling, posts in this forum should contain as much information as possible, including web links, contact details, specials etc etc.

Please keep the chit chat on the other forums provided as this is an area I want to keep clean as a "go to" for members to use as a directory of sorts, and topics should be titled for example "tri clamps NSW" or "Copper suppliers SA".

Cheers.

Can someone tell me what is ok, posting names and places of such things to help others in "Distillers Library" or not?

Hope i didnt step on toes but is there a contradiction here?? :?
Just seems that alot of threads i have gone trough since i joined has had so many links to suppliers deleted.

this needed to be asked and the question raised :handgestures-thumbupleft:
aussiebrewer

equipment: pot still on a 50l keg

Postby youngy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:00 pm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140878143604 hope this is right lol :D
youngy

equipment: turbo 500 retired.
home made column still with home made graham condenser and parrot. retired
5SD Neutralizer bubbler, gas boiler ,100 litre 5S Boiler in the future

Postby Sam. » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:01 pm

aussiebrewer wrote:Ok im new here on this forum but have been around others for better part of a decade so forgive me if i step on toes but i need to know what is right and wrong before i proceed so i dont get in trouble also....i have had quite a few dealings with SS suppliers and distilling suppliers and if its not ok to share then ill keep this info to myself but...

is this not in the "Distillers Warehouse" section where the first post is from Mac the Admin

Im just curious as i like to follow rules and the first thread is an announcement one by the Admin titled....
MacStill wrote:This area has been set up as a resource for members to use as a means for posting information on where to find stuff for distilling, posts in this forum should contain as much information as possible, including web links, contact details, specials etc etc.

Please keep the chit chat on the other forums provided as this is an area I want to keep clean as a "go to" for members to use as a directory of sorts, and topics should be titled for example "tri clamps NSW" or "Copper suppliers SA".

Probably time to update the information in that base thread.

Basically 5 Star Distilling own this forum and pay all bills associated with it and were the founders who got it started and off the ground.

Bearing that in mind, if you put up a link to an item from a competitor that 5 star sells then you will probably find it removed ;-)

Cheers.

Can someone tell me what is ok, posting names and places of such things to help others in "Distillers Library" or not?

Just seems that alot of threads i have gone trough since i joined has had so many links to suppliers deleted.

Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby rumdidlydum » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:24 pm

aussiebrewer wrote:Ok im new here on this forum but have been around others for better part of a decade so forgive me if i step on toes but i need to know what is right and wrong before i proceed so i dont get in trouble also....i have had quite a few dealings with SS suppliers and distilling suppliers and if its not ok to share then ill keep this info to myself but...

Cheers.

To add on what Sam has quoted.

No toes stood on mate, Its a fair reasonable question.
Basically any company that is selling stills or equipment that five star directly sell we deem as unwanted advertising.
5Star fund this forum for us all to enjoy, learn, develop, share stories and recipes.
By having links to other manufacturers selling the same equipment or gear, it takes money from the pocket that keeps this a FREE forum.
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Return to Distillers Warehouse