WHICH PH TESTER?

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

WHICH PH TESTER?

Postby strongy12 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Any advice on a cheep but good PH tester guys????
strongy12

equipment: 4 inch bubbler

Re: WHICH PH TESTER?

Postby Sam. » Sun May 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Like most things you get what you pay for, buy the best one you can afford is my advice if you want accuracy :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Reckon I paid about $60 for mine seems to be alright.
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby hillzabilly » Sun May 01, 2016 4:21 pm

I used to use the paper test strips from the brew store or aquarium shop with my 25lt brews ,be carefull they have a variety of ranges to cover various PH levels ,but with darker washes like rum it was hard sometimes to get an accurate reading as they are made to test relativly clear liquid.Now I ferment 200lt brews and use an electronic one, as Sam said about 60 clams should see ya right ,I also bought some buffer solution PH4 wich is made to a set or recalibrate the meter,to check the accuracy of the meter you place a small amount of the solution in a jar and adjust the meter to PH4 ,easy as.Also consider the size of your batch's,with over 100lt ferments its a bad idear in my book to cheep out on test gear.cheers hillzabilly
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby strongy12 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:42 pm

beauty, thanks guys
strongy12

equipment: 4 inch bubbler

Return to Distillers Warehouse