Deathwish Wheat Germ - DWWG

These recipes are the go to proven recipes that work!

Deathwish Wheat Germ - DWWG

Postby MacStill » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:07 am

This is a very easy wash I use 10lbs of sugar 16oz of wheat germ 2 tsp of citric acid I put all of that in a 5 gallon pot fill it close to the top with rain water and let it boil for about 1 and 1/2 hours then pour it in my 6 and 1/2 gallon fermenter top it off to 6 gallons total with rain water let it cool then ad my yeast. I like to use red star champagne yeast it is only 79cents around here. it should ferment in about 3-4 days be careful I have had this recipe blow the bubbler out and put a dent in my ceiling.
Many thanks to Deathwish for developing this recipe that makes a fine vodka, and a light scotch flavor through pot still.

Edit The metric conversion below Is pretty close I think
SBB

This is a very easy wash I use 4.5 Kg of sugar 450grams of wheat germ 2 tsp of citric acid I put all of that in a 20L pot fill it close to the top with rain water and let it boil for about 1 and 1/2 hours then pour it in my 25L fermenter top it off to 22 L total with rain water let it cool then ad my yeast. I like to use red star champagne yeast it is only 79cents around here. it should ferment in about 3-4 days be careful I have had this recipe blow the bubbler out and put a dent in my ceiling.

Please use the Deathwish Wheat Germ discussion thread if you would like to know more about this recipe. It can be found in the Recipe Development section of the Forum or by clicking HERE.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Return to Tried & Proven