The Thai Terror

These recipes are the go to proven recipes that work!

The Thai Terror

Postby Zak Griffin » Wed May 11, 2011 3:21 pm

I've been making this for a few years now and it's a very good drink for the entertainment value if for nothing else.
Passed round the table, shot glasses are filled and knocked down. 8-)

It's quite amusing when people ask what's in it and you tell them Limes, Lemongrass, Ginger and stuff. Then when it's just sliding down their throat you say;

"And a bit of Chilli" :lol: :lol:

It's been sampled by plenty and those with a taste for hot and spicy are in awe.
It's often requested at BBQ's, but best served in small shot glasses.

Take 1 litre of 50% clear spirit.

Peel and Juice of 4 small limes from my tree (not quite ripe yet) i also use lemonades (while green) when the limes aren't good.

2 BirdsEye Chillies (seeds removed)

1 home smoked Habernero

About a tablespoon of japanese Pickled Ginger same of fresh ginger works well too

A smashed stalk of Lemongrass from the garden.

I put a small piece of Dorset naga chilli in my last lot

Allow this to macerate for 3-8 hours or by taste. When it's very hot strain and reserve, then add 1 more litre to the ingredients, leave for a couple weeks.

Blend the two portions together, to taste (you may well end up just mixing them both together).

This turns out a brilliant lime green and has a fiery heat. You could play around with it and add some mint and coriander for a true thai taste. I've done it with 50/50 Coriander spirit and neutral.

Please use the Thai Terror discussion thread if you would like to know more about this recipe. It can be found in the Recipe Development section of the Forum or by clicking HERE.

Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Return to Tried & Proven