Weber Q Reviews

A forum for sharing your favorite food recipes and condiments.

Weber Q Reviews

Postby 1 2many » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:22 pm

My sister was showing off her weber baby Q to me over a year ago and have since wanted one. Well this morning i woke up and thought today is the day so off i go to buy the same model and they were having a demo and tasting well that sealed it for me so i got the one with high lid temp gauge and fancy electronic ignition. Looks good at the moment as i haven't poured a few Kg of animal fat all over it. :))

So what do you think of your Weber Q?

Any favorite dish?

How often do you use it?

Tips and advise ?

Cleaning (dirty word) ?

Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Re: Weber Q Reviews

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:30 pm

1 2many wrote:My sister was showing off her weber baby Q to me over a year ago and have since wanted one. Well this morning i woke up and thought today is the day so off i go to buy the same model and they were having a demo and tasting well that sealed it for me so i got the one with high lid temp gauge and fancy electronic ignition. Looks good at the moment as i haven't poured a few Kg of animal fat all over it. :))

So what do you think of your Weber Q?
Great best investment yet

Any favorite dish?
steak ,chips chops eggs , roast pork

How often do you use it?
Twice a week

Tips and advise ?
Get it hot

Cleaning (dirty word) ?
once a year spray with oven cleaner and hit it with the pressure washer [just did mine

Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby Muppet » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Hey mate just some basic tips
If you're doing a roast or indirect cooking use a rack with alfoil under it (or she burns the base)
For steak preheat n get it bloody hot (try keep it out of the wind)
That's the big ones I've found. I prefer the charchoal Webers but the Q does the job alright
Muppet

equipment: T500, 4" 4 plate copper bubbler ;)

Postby Andy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:02 pm

i got a little one to take camping. u can get matt things for them for sausages and onions that would fall through the grill. only really cooked steak, sausages, kebabs, onions, capsicum, and stuff like that.
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby 1 2many » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks Aussie seems your a fan of the Q will take your advice on board , i have read the important thing is to get it hot cheers Muppet :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Just found this Aussie made griddle plate so you can cook your eggs and bacon not real cheap but i think it will be a good accessory for the kit

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251371911465 ... 1439.l2649
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Matt_Pl » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Hey Mate,

I bought a Webber Q and its been fantastic. You cant beat the Roast Chicken!

It was mentioned above but when doing a roast make sure you double up your aluminum foil underneath the roast tray, then make cuts through the foil with a knife.

Best tip is to buy the $30 webber cook book, you cant go wrong with it.

Not meaning to sound sexist, but since we bought the Webber my wife now does most of the cooking on it :angry-banghead:

Cheers
Matt_Pl

equipment: 4" FSD Neutraliser, custom made 50 litre SS Keg Boiler powered by 4800 killer wasps.

Postby Lowndsey » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:34 pm

They are awesome I have 2 of them. Get one of the breakfast plates for them they make some awesome sunny side up eggs. Number 1 tip is cook with the lid down and avoid opening it and turning your food too much they are designed to cook your food with minimal turning and flipping.
Lowndsey

equipment: 2" Bokka

Postby 1 2many » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi matt_Plew roast chicken for sure and the Books are great to read but i need a bib to stop the drooling :))

Lowndsey i just got the full size griddle , I read that the ones you put ontop of the grill take too long to heat up.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby Teddysad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:41 am

I use a shallow pan with a rack inside. Water in the bottom of the pan.
Meats "air cook" and fats drip into the water keeps things easy for cleaning and water keeps the meats moist
Heat from the sides not under the pan
Teddysad

equipment: FSD 4"SSG with packed column 50l Boiler keg. Alex 25 for smaller scale runs

Postby Lowndsey » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:49 am

1 2many wrote:
Lowndsey i just got the full size griddle , I read that the ones you put ontop of the grill take too long to heat up.

They take about 10 minutes.Doesn't take any longer than any other BBQ plate to heat up. Depends what you want the BBQ for I guess. I like having the one on top so I can grill and fry at the same time. I like to grill the sausageswhile frying the onions. or Grill the bacon while frying the eggs. :D
Lowndsey

equipment: 2" Bokka

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:10 am

For the 320 you can get 1/2 grill 1/2 plate
Also I use the water tray thing as well
Aussiedownunder01

equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby znipa-x » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:48 pm

we use ours almost every night, the missus hates cleaning the oven so we got a weber, one tip I will offer, do clean the tub regularly and keep an eye on the drip tray. Recently I was roasting a chook and had been a bit slack, anyway.. given enough fuel a weber Q220 can become self sustaining even with the gas turned off, the animal fat soaked charcoal substance that had built up in the lower tub decided to catch fire, besides an extinguisher (and big mess) the only option I had was to remove the chook, close the lid and see what would happen, it put the temp gauge off the dial before deciding to out, but no noticeable damage.
znipa-x

Postby timv » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:53 pm

I Have 2..

1 for the caravan (babyq) and one for everyday use..
Honestly these are the best BBQ's I have ever had ... play with them but they are the best!!

Now to roast some staves in them :-)
timv

equipment: A 2" JayD pot.

Postby smegory » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:12 pm

I love mine I have the 220q high lid etc. My igniter stopped working about 6 mths ago I called them and they sent a replacment part free of charge the whole thing including the stand has a lifetime warranty I didnt even have to pay postage I cant rave about them enough after purchase service is 5 stars from me you cant go wrong with a webber. They recon they sell 2 from the backyard from everyone talking them up compared to the salesmen in the shops!!!!!
smegory

equipment: valved reflux still and an original macstill 4 plate ss bubbler

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:37 am

Even the webber experts on the bbq forum will tell you the 100 and the 300 series are hotter than the 200 models
Aussiedownunder01

Postby smegory » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:33 am

Completly agree my 220 doesnt keep a really high temp you need for great crackling but thats my only complaint ill go for the 320 next time I buy one although I dont need it yet due to family size im arguing the case with the boss ( im planning for the future of our family :liar: )
smegory

equipment: valved reflux still and an original macstill 4 plate ss bubbler

Postby C2H6O » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 am

I've had one for about 4 years and it still runs like the day i bought it, fires first click every time..
I use mine a few times a week and its awesome... For me and the girlfriend its perfect, however i quite often have a lot of mates around and its a little bit small, i ended up cooking all day while every other bastard gets drunk.. So about a year ago i bought a cheap large BBQ from bunnings which i only use when i have a crew around.
Cheers
C2H6O

equipment: VM/LM combo on 50L keg powered by 2400w

Postby Dyno » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:39 am

Gotta agree...the webers are one hell of a great bbq...I don't have the Q but I do have 2 coal ones..the larger kettle has the tray , coal drawer an a small gas ignition syatem to light the coals...the mrs won't uae the oven inside anymore...awesome for smoked pork, pineapple puds an even baking bread...were abit fanatical about it..lol...do you Q users use wood chunks or small smoke boxes ? weber roasts. ..home brew...life is good .. :-D
Dyno

equipment: Home made Pot

Postby 1 2many » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Look to me there are plenty of happy Weber Q users out there , I was thinking of smoking some fish in it i think you can wrap up some wood chips in foil with a slit do do the smoking not sure any way going to christen it tonight with 3 nice 1 inch thick slabs of porter house Yumm. :D
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby Muppet » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:27 pm

[quote="1 2many"]Look to me there are plenty of happy Weber Q users out there , I was thinking of smoking some fish in it i think you can wrap up some wood chips in foil with a slit do do the smoking not sure any way going to christen it tonight with 3 nice 1 inch thick slabs of porter house Yumm. :D[/
Never done it in a Q but smoking fish is a winner in my kettle, done ribs and roasts with hickory too and it's pretty damn good, good luck man should be a ripper. ;)
Muppet

equipment: T500, 4" 4 plate copper bubbler ;)

Next

Return to The Tucker Box