Weber kettle recipes

A forum for sharing your favorite food recipes and condiments.

Re: Weber kettle recipes

Postby MacStill » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:04 pm

That looks freaking awesome :drool:

I've got an original Weber here that only ever got used once, that chook might be just the inspiration I need :D
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Muppet » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:17 pm

That original webber is every bit as handy as your bubbler :dance:
A couple of quick suggestions, A looflighter takes the pain out of lighting. (great for oak toasting too) Something to read pit temp and meat temp are worth their weight in gold. I use a maverick ET733. Its brilliant :handgestures-thumbupleft: those 2 tools make the whole process easy
Muppet

equipment: T500, 4" 4 plate copper bubbler ;)

Postby Whiskyaugogo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:27 pm

I got a gas smoker for my birthday a couple of months ago and while not being a Webber, it does an awesome job with things like this! Lovin the smoked BBQ meats and ribs, have to try that chicken now!

Nice new pic too Muppet!
Whiskyaugogo
Site Donor

equipment: To be updated

Postby Muppet » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Amazing its not popular here. The taste is sensational! Those gas smokers do the job but I just like playing with fire :laughing-rolling: have some ribs going right now :handgestures-thumbupleft: :music-deathmetal:
Muppet

Postby BIG D » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm sure most of you have tried it but the best change l made to my low n slow regime was changing from heat beads to lump charcoal heaps better :handgestures-thumbupleft:
BIG D

equipment: 50l keg 2400w element , fsd neutralizer 5 plate packed section, Big arse 8"fsd Mc thumper and various other stuff

Postby Muppet » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:12 pm

I've recently moved from heat beads to redwood lump. :text-+1: :text-+1: but if your low and slow, snake method with beads :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Edit... Fuckin auto correct
Muppet

Postby BIG D » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:22 pm

I've been using snake method with lump charcoal works well :handgestures-thumbupleft: I use 2 cheaper cordless temp stations as well.
BIG D

equipment: 50l keg 2400w element , fsd neutralizer 5 plate packed section, Big arse 8"fsd Mc thumper and various other stuff

Postby Paulb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Low and slow is the way to go. 14hr pulled pork shoulder in my kamado using mallee root charcoal and hickory chips :happy-partydance:

Muppet wrote:That original webber is every bit as handy as your bubbler :dance:
A couple of quick suggestions, A looflighter takes the pain out of lighting. (great for oak toasting too) Something to read pit temp and meat temp are worth their weight in gold. I use a maverick ET733. Its brilliant :handgestures-thumbupleft: those 2 tools make the whole process easy

I've looked everywhere for a looftlighter but can't find one. Anyone have a source?
Paulb

equipment: FSD 4" Neutraliser
FSD 50l boiler
FSD Carter Head
FSD 100l Pro boiler on the way

Postby Muppet » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:56 pm

You guys are all ova it. I use beads for low and slow in a webber cos its easy and repeatable. For long cooks it's the go
Muppet

Postby Muppet » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:59 pm

My local bunnings has them for $39, I hear bunnings are stocking them everywhere :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Muppet

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:13 pm

BIG D wrote:I've been using snake method with lump charcoal works well :handgestures-thumbupleft: ...

Exactly my method. Nothing beats lump coal snake and a brined chook with a dry rub.

If you leave the chook uncovered in the fridge for a few hours it dehydrates the skin and goes nice and crispy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby Paulb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Muppet wrote:My local bunnings has them for $39, I hear bunnings are stocking them everywhere :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Awesome, thanks Muppet, I'll have to get down to my local Bunnings. They didn't stock them 4 months ago but hopefully they have them now.
Paulb

equipment: FSD 4" Neutraliser
FSD 50l boiler
FSD Carter Head
FSD 100l Pro boiler on the way

Postby 1 2many » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:51 am

Paulb wrote:
Muppet wrote:My local bunnings has them for $39, I hear bunnings are stocking them everywhere :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Awesome, thanks Muppet, I'll have to get down to my local Bunnings. They didn't stock them 4 months ago but hopefully they have them now.

I have been searching for one of those lighters for ages and none of the bunnings western suburbs melbourne have them :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Zak Griffin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Got keen this morning and chucked a little pork shoulder in the weber with a bit of a quick dry rub. Smelling good now, can't wait to smash it on nightshift tonight :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby Muppet » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Paulb wrote:Low and slow is the way to go. 14hr pulled pork shoulder in my kamado using mallee root charcoal and hickory chips :happy-partydance:

I have my first pulled pork on the go. Into the kamado last night at 12 she's stalled at160f so looking good for dinner tonight. $9 Bone in shoulder and 3kg of Mallee Charcoal. Cheap as chips :dance:
Muppet

Postby Zak Griffin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:24 pm

This pork is gooood!

Obviously not tender enough to pull apart, but the flavours and juiciness are there.

Will get one going overnight if I ever have a couple of days off work :happy-partydance:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby Muppet » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Sweet Zac :music-deathmetal:
Muppet

Postby MacStill » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:34 pm

I must've been doing something wrong, the couple of times I've used mine I found it was more of a PITA than anything...... might have to clean all the spiderwebs off it and have another go with it :think:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby BIG D » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks mate grabbed one today I was told they are a clearance line may pay to :handgestures-thumbupleft: be quick.
BIG D

Postby BIG D » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:20 pm

1 2many wrote:
Paulb wrote:

I have been searching for one of those lighters for ages and none of the bunnings western suburbs melbourne have them :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Hey 1 2 if you want 1 let me know my store has 1 box left.
BIG D

PreviousNext

Return to The Tucker Box