Pauls Traditional Xmas Pudding

A forum for sharing your favorite food recipes and condiments.

Pauls Traditional Xmas Pudding

Postby SBB » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Ive probably left this a bit late seeing Xmas is not far away.
Last year I made a Xmas pudding using the recipe from the following link.....it turned out to be a ripper. Everyone who ate it reckoned it was one of the best they had ever eaten.
There are a lot of ingredients in it...it aint cheap...and its a fair bit of mucking around...but worth the time spent when the day to eat it comes. The Guinness and Muscat in it add a lot of flavour. The bloke who wrote this has been researching and developing this recipe for about 20 years. As he says somewhere on the site...."if ya gunna take short cuts find another recipe because this one isn't for you."

Pauls Traditional Christmas Pudding Page
http://pudding.denyer.net/
Ingredients and recipe can be found on right side of the page as well as a shit load of other info.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Re: Pauls Traditional Xmas Pudding

Postby SBB » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:03 pm

Just as a side line this pudding needs 8 hours of cooking when you first make it, preferably a month or two before Xmas ......thats longer than most spirit runs with a reflux still...it requires another 2 1/2 hours cooking before serving on Xmas Day..........as stated before its worth the money, time and rooting around to see the looks on the faces of those eating it on the day. Save some of your best UJSM or Rum to pour over it ......heat the a fore mentioned spirits to luke warm in a saucepan before pouring over and lighting to produce a spectacular flame.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Re: Pauls Traditional Xmas Pudding

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Geeez SBB
I reckon the "cook" might smack over the head with a saucepan if I try and steer her off the xmas pudding she makes, Its got a shit load of Jamisons in it and it's good too, I luv it warm with hot custard poured on it and glazed cherries.. :drool: :drool: ......god i'm gett'n hungry now :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
I don't know if I should mention it or not :think: :think: I might tell her after xmas, for next year :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Cheers
Stubs
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Return to The Tucker Box