What's for Dinner?

A forum for sharing your favorite food recipes and condiments.

What's for Dinner?

Postby BackyardBrewer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Just whipping up another batch of chilli jam.

Garden is going nuts with tomato & chilli at the moment.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358753935.665560.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Re: What's for Dinner?

Postby crow » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:11 am

I've had tomato and chilli jam sounds weird but is infact very nice as is tomato jam. my mother was big on doing alsorts of sauces and jams pickles ect , I use to love green tomato pickle and she did a perseved spice/pepper tomato puree you could just open and heat for the best soup going, i could maybe get hold of the recipes if you want
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

What's for Dinner?

Postby BackyardBrewer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 am

crow wrote:she did a perseved spice/pepper tomato puree you could just open and heat for the best soup going, i could maybe get hold of the recipes if you want

Bring it on!
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 am

crow wrote:I've had tomato and chilli jam sounds weird but is infact very nice as is tomato jam. my mother was big on doing alsorts of sauces and jams pickles ect , I use to love green tomato pickle and she did a perseved spice/pepper tomato puree you could just open and heat for the best soup going, i could maybe get hold of the recipes if you want

Green tomato pickle now you are talking
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby crow » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 am

Yep I'll ask her to spacebook em to me and I'll copy and paste here. (Becoming quite the techno geek hey :-B , yaz rap lovin tools just want t pray I never work out how t post my banging picking tunes)
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby BackyardBrewer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:49 am

Given the fine weather in SA today I might have enough 'maters on the plants to make it tonight, so let's hope your granny can rock a computer and a phone with mad skillz!

:handgestures-thumbupleft:

crow wrote:Yep I'll ask her to spacebook em to me and I'll copy and paste here. (Becoming quite the techno geek hey :-B , yaz rap lovin tools just want t pray I never work out how t post my banging picking tunes)
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

Postby crow » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 am

Nar mate its me mum and she's right on to this computer stuff PS that should have read banjo picking tunes ( mutter mutter bloody smart phone)
crow

Postby googe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:34 pm

blade steak with a packet of mushroom soup sprinkled over the top, bake for half hour, fucken yum and tender. And vegies .
googe

Postby bear74 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:55 pm

roast chicken stuffed with lemon grass, roast vege's and some traditional gravy.
bear74

equipment: handmade copper pot and parrot,
50L keg and element
220L fermentors

Postby Sam. » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Just had 2 slices of ghost chilli pizza, my face is on fire, apart from drinking hot sauce this is the hottest thing I have ate :o
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby JayD » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Chinese...now i'm starting feel over full, :teasing-tease: Damn nice though :handgestures-thumbupleft:
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby googe » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Bet your arse is going to thank you for that tomorrow Sam :laughing-rolling:
googe

Postby Sam. » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:24 am

googe wrote:Bet your arse is going to thank you for that tomorrow Sam :laughing-rolling:

Yeah not looking forward to that one :handgestures-thumbdown:

Seriously that was incredibly hot, I can take some hot gear but wow. They would have near killed people with that recipe :scared-eek:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby crow » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 am

quite a few yrs ago now I lived in Tamil Nadu Southern India, I was over there helping to build a girls orphanage . Anyway does the term Madras curry ring a bell :scared-eek: :angry-extinguishflame: ,most meals from breakfast to supper were unbelievably hot but every now and then one would come along that would quite literally take your breath away and leave you twitching , coughing and hunting for one of them lassie yogurt drinks, soon worked out why there was alway a bucket of water in the shithouse
crow

Postby MacStill » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:09 pm

first really cold night in perf...

corned beef, cabbage and veg all boiled in the same pot.... big dollop of hot english mustard

mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby googe » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:26 am

I made chicken stew, but the missus made this for.desert, holy fuck soooo yummy!!!. She stole it off my kitchen rules cause I.seen it there and.thought, I must eat that :laughing-rolling:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

What's for Dinner?

Postby BackyardBrewer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:25 am

googe wrote:I made chicken stew, but the missus made this for.desert, holy fuck soooo yummy!!!. She stole it off my kitchen rules cause I.seen it there and.thought, I must eat that :laughing-rolling:

What is it? Recipe link please?
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Looks like a pavlova roulade, she done well if thats a first crack at it! Difficult to get the pavlova not to break

Edit: shitty spelling
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby googe » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm

She's a brilliant cook Urrazeb, can cook pretty much anything out there :handgestures-thumbupleft: , I'm very lucky when it comes to dinner time :)) . You were right about what it is, here's a link byb, very moorish!!!!.
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/my-kitchen-rules ... e-roulade/
googe

Postby Urrazeb » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Shoestring fries topped with smoky bbq sauce, diced bacon and cheese :smile: And wash it down with a fair few stubs of runny bread
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

PreviousNext

Return to The Tucker Box